Chapter 1 - Meet Pallavi

——— Pallavi————

Have you every felt so happy that nothing and no one in the world can ruin it? I have. Today I received the best news anyone can. My husband - Mandaar is alive! Can you believe it? I couldn't believe it myself. He is alive. Two years - two long and lonely years. I had lost all hope of him being alive.
Pallavi...Pallavi what are you doing outside in the rain come inside right now.
- coming aayi.
I turned around and walked back to the house. To the only family I have in the entire world. As I am walking back. I look at Aayi she is trying so hard to be mad. But I can see the small smile on her lips. Like I said nothing and no one can take away the Deshmukhs happiness today. Their son-brother-nephew and husband is coming back home.
- I am sorry Aayi I just couldn't help myself.
She smiled at me and led me inside the house. She gestured for me seat down as she got a towel and started drying my hair.
- I know how happy you are. Finally looks like the gods have answered our prayers. After two long years of suffering my daughter can finally be happy now.
I held her hands on my shoulder as I looked up at her face.
- With a mother like you do you really think I would suffer much. As long as I have you in my life I will never suffer. Did Nikhil or Baba call?  When will they be back. When is Mandaar going to be home.
- nikhil sent a text to your Kaka. They will be home in an hour. You should go and change. I left a saree out for you. Make sure you wear that.
I smiled at her and went upstairs to my room - no it's not only my room anymore. It's mine and Mandaars room. As I walked inside the room I saw the saree that Aayi left for me. It was a beautiful red saree with gold print work. It was a saree for a dulhan. I saw that Aayi also left a Jewelery match with the saree. She clearly wanted me to be dressed as a bride tonight. I wanted to be a bride- Mandaar's bride. I wanted Mandaar to see me as he saw the last time. He had said that I looked beautiful - no his words were "the beautiful woman of my dreams".
I looked at the time and quickly took a shower. I wrapped fhe beautiful silk saree before I sat down to do my make up and wear the jewelry. As I finished I inspected myself in the mirror. I tried to see not from my eyes but the eyes of my husband. I loved what I saw in the mirror as I shifted my gaze to the clock. It been over an hour. I ran downstairs and sat on the chair that gave me a straight view of the main door.
5 minutes passed... 15 mins... 30 mins.. Aayi and Kaka started pacing the living room. Anxiety growing amongst all of our hearts. It's going to be two hours now. Baba and Nikhal should be back home now.
- call your brother. Ask him what is taking so long??
As Kaka dialed the number. We saw headlights through the window. Kaka ended the call and went to open the door. I was nervous. When that door opened my life will be changed once again. I will no longer be a widow.
I was looking at my hands I couldn't bear to look up and watch him enter. I knew I would cry right away. So it's better to look at my palms and try to decipher what the lines were saying about my future. I heard baba's voice.. Aayi voice and Kaka and Nikhil. I knew the next words I would hear would be his.
-Pallavi beta..
It was baba his voice sounded so weird. I still didn't look up. He came and sat down on the table near me. Slowly he held my chin and titled my head up. I finally saw his face - seeing the sadness on his face. I looked at Evertone else.all of their faces had the same sad look. Except Nikhil whose face looked angry.  I looked at Baba again.
- Baba
He lifted his finger and wiped my sindoor away from my maang.