𝟭𝟮☂︎︎

XII

XII. ❝𝗗𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄?❞

─── YOU AND MALCOLM looked around the house and found no one. "So, Y/n I check every nook and cranny of this very lovely very weird large house and the willows are sealed tight. The house is clear, Okay?" Malcolm said walking over to you.

"I swear that there was someone in here." You said as you picked you're skin. "You know I use to have bizarre dreams when I was a little boy." Malcolm said. It didn't make you feel better. Him being here with you made it worse. "Then, how do you explain the clothes?" You asked him. Malcolm stayed silent. He didn't know how to answer that and that's the reaction you wanted. You knew that you weren't going crazy.

"I like you're clothes" Malcolm said.

TIME SKIP

You and Malcolm were in the pool room. You were winning so far. "You've played this before." Malcolm said. "Obviously, cause I'm beating you're ass right now. Let me know when your ready to play for money!" You said. "Oh, no thanks" Malcolm said.

"So, tell me more about Brahms". Malcolm looked at you for a bit. "I've told you everything I know." He said. You knew that he was lying. It was obvious. He made it obvious. His lie was as clear as fresh water. "We're you even trying to lie?" You said.

Malcolm chuckled nervously. "Alright, what do you want to know?" He asked. "What was he like? As a kid." You say while leaning on the pool table.

"You need to know theirs two types of talk. Polite talk and pub talk. You know? And truth is.. somewhere in between" He explain but, it didn't answer you're question, which pissed you off a bit. "Okay..so what was the pub talk?" You asked

"Wow, most people would ask for polite talk first. umm, that he wasn't such a lovely lad" He said. "And polite talk?" You asked. "That he was a lovely lad but, it was a tragedy that he was taken at such a young age." He answered.

"And the truth?" You said as you walked over and sat next to him.

"One night, I came out here for a delivery. I didn't know it at the time, but it was Brahms birthday or would have been.
And Mrs. Heelshire, she was in the setting room opening presents with the doll. And Mr. Heelshire.. he was in here. Off his pickle. Drunk and mumbling to himself.. th-that he couldn't do it anymore. I told him that I'd come back but he said "no, no, come on have a drink with an old man" so I did. Well, we get a couple of drinks in. We're chatting about the weather and so on and finally.. I get the courage to ask that exact question. "What was Brahms, the real Brahms, like?" God, he just look at me with this heartbroken look. It made me sorry I even asked, and he said one word. "Odd" he says. Odd. And that was it. Which I suppose is all the answer we'll ever get."

"Does it even matter now?" You asked "No.. it doesn't" Malcolm said.

"Well, it's my shot now" Malcolm said.

A/N: sorry for not updating. One of my family members are very sick and their body is giving up on them. This chapter is unedited since I'm very sleepy but, I just couldn't fall asleep without giving you guys a new chapter. I hope you guys enjoy <3