Irrational

Mint's POV

I looked up into his eyes, flecks of brown showing in the flickering florescent lights above us. He gazed down at me, his face not filled with sarcasm as usual. He let me go and took a smooth step backwards. "This is wrong. I can't do this to you, or her." He said. His voice was harder, but not sarcastic and unwelcoming like normal. "What?" I ask, confused. "Well, you're very obviously in love with her, as she is you." He said, uninterested, his face back to normal. "No! She's just my best friend." I said. He sighed and shook his head. "Minty, she's more than that to you. I know it. I can see it. And if she doesn't look at you with love, I don't know what love is." He said quietly, looking down. I walked back to him and brushed my lips across his cheek. "Thank you," I whispered, before running to Austin's room. I walked in and smiled at the sight. Austin and Opal lay on the bed, hand in hand. I grabbed an afghan on the back of a recliner and threw it over the two sleeping figures. I wonder why Opal is here. She was pretty set on never coming back. I wrote a note to Austin and left it on the desk, telling him to text me when he wakes up. I slipped out of the room and texted Ollie. I needed to see Kayli.

Kayli's POV

I remember falling asleep next to Ollie, but when I woke up, he was slipping out of my bed. He left the house and I sat up too quickly, blinding myself as I turned on the lamp. I got up and went to the kitchen, where my mom had left a note telling me that my brother was at a friend's house and she would be out for the night. I opened the fridge and dug around, looking for something to chew on while I waited for Mint to come back. Ollie and I had talked s lot last night...

"Where do you think she is?" I asked him quietly. She shrugged. "What if...she is visiting that guy?" I speculated sadly. "Who?" He asked. "Im not sure, but there was some guy. She changed a lot around him." I said. Ollie shrugged again. "Why does it matter?" He asked me. "Because I don't want her with him. He's not good for her," I said. Ollie looked at my, searching my face. "Then who is?" He asked after a moment. I paused for a moment, knowing the answer. "Ah, see. You know who is good for her. You know who she should be with. You just don't want to get hurt again, but Kayli, would she ever really hurt you?" He asks me, throwing a small smile. I looked down. "I'm not sure," I said, "But I'm scared Ollie." I finished quietly. The curly haired boy put his arms around me and rested his chin on my head. "As is she, I'm sure, but sometimes, fear is irrational. Especially now." He told me. I nodded quietly and fell asleep to the sound of his breathing above me.

My thoughts were interrupted by an opening door. There was a distinct click as the door fell back into place and Minty ran in, throwing her arms around me. "I love you," I said. "I love you too," She said, kissing me softly, her arms still wrapped around my waist. I kissed her back gently before pulling back and looking away. "I love you a different way," I said quietly. She grabbed my face with her hands and made me look at her. "I love you a different way too," She said, smiling. She looked at the clock. "It's five am!" She exclaimed. "Let's go!!" She laughed. "But, you have not had any sleep." I said, concerned. She wrapped a scarf around me and handed me my coat, chuckling in disbelief. "There's a first," She said, laughing as if I had said the most ridiculous thing in the world. I guess to her, I had.

Mint's POV

Ollie drive us to the small clearing and I began to saw out the windows. Soon the were open and I began building a door, patterns crossing each other and a brass handle to pull open. I sealed the bottom and got the hinges to pull open the door. I got the door in and the windows, and smiled at my handiwork. "Now for the fun part," I said, walking over to Ollie and Kayli. The looked at me with curious eyes as I walked over to the totes and dragged the last one to the cabin. "Let's paint!" I said excitedly. The jumped up and scrambled to me, looking as ecstatic as I felt. "Okay, Ollie, you can do the outside walls the pale yellow, okay?" I ordered him. He nodded happily and began to work, getting out everything. "Kayli, the door needs to be white, and after its done help Ollie with the yellow."I said. She smiled and began to work. "I'll be inside if you need me." I told them. I grabbed the cabinets and shelves I had built earlier and began painting them white. I took them inside and hung them up. Then I went back out and got the light blue paint and began painting the walls, careful to cover the floor in plastic wrap completely. Finally, everyone was finished, and we stared at our work. "It's so pretty," Ollie said, after a few minutes of admiring. Kayli and I nodded and we stumbled out of the woods, high on happiness.

A/N: I heart it hard tbh it's super cute. I really want a cabin to build with my friends >~< Love it? Hate it? Leave a comment thing bc that would be great.