Haunting Me

2 Days after the breakup, December 19th. School gets out for break in two days.

Mint's POV

I wrapped my arms around myself and sighed. Everything hurt. I laid down on the couch and let a tear that I've been holding in for hours slip free. He wasn't worth it. I wasn't worth it. I flipped Netflix on and turned on some random anime, closing my eyes. I had no clue what they were saying, and was not surprised to find that I didn't want to know. Who cares anyway? I shook my head-I did. I opened my eyes and look at the screen. There was a cute girl with a lollipop in her mouth and purple, spiky hair. She was so pretty. I shut my eyes again, hoping sleep would take me away, though it never did anyway. I got a text and checked it right away, hoping for a distraction. I knew it wasn't him-I had to refrain from thinking his name-so I was okay with checking who it was. It was Kayli, of course. I opened it immediately. Without her, I'd be hurting more than I already did, and for that, I was grateful. "Wanna come over? Parents aren't home." She asked. I responded back my yes and went to put some house shoes on. Normally I'd get dressed to come over to a friends', but she knows me better than that. She always found my messy hair sticking up everywhere and my sweatpants to be cute. As I walked the sidewalk to her house, I realised that I genuinely thought she was cute too. Not as a joke, like she means it, but she is really adorable sometimes. She smiles crookedly and her eyes light up when she laughs, and her cheeks turn pink after she's been sleeping. She actually was, to say the least, cute. I smiled to myself and blushed. I shouldn't think like that.

Why is it
That when I try
I shoot so far
Reach for the sky
I am broken down
Put on my feet
I am lost now
I'm in defeat
So I look away
And now it's not
Names you say
Not you I see
Haunting me
It's her and she
Does not
Want
Me.

Kayli POV

I invited Mint over and sat in my house, looking at a picture is seen from the last time I saw her smile. It's been a while since I've seen her happy, despite my attempts to cheer her up. It sucked and I want to see her happier. Ah well, maybe she's feeling better today. A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts and I sprinted to it and yanked it open, breathless. Mint smiled down at me from the few inches advantage of height she had over me and I couldn't help the grin that bubbled to my lips when I saw her smile. It's been too long. I opened the door wider to permit her entrance and she walked in, pulling off her coat. She shook the little bit of snow nested in her hair out and laughed. I chuckled too. "Hey," She said to me. Her voice was so pretty. I shook my head. I shouldn't think like that. "Hi," I said back as I followed her to the kitchen. She shooed me out and I raised my eyebrows, but left anyway. She came out soon with two hot mugs and handed me the blue one. I looked at it. It looked like hot chocolate, but, much to my surprise, tasted like peppermint cookies. I looked at her, smiling. "How'd you do that?" I asked her. She laughed at my confusion and answered, "Well it'll be Christmas soon, so I stopped by a shop and picked up some peppermint and vanilla extract." She took another sip and grinned at me. It was so strange, to see her smile. I decided not to question it. My phone rang multiple times in my back pocket, but Minty was more important right now. I blushed at the thought, but shook myself out of it. She'd always be more important. Always.

Austin's POV

I rang and rang her, but she didn't answer. Was she with Mint? I texted Mint too but received no word from either of them. I groaned and threw my phone onto the couch. She meant so much to me. I can't leave her, and I definitely can't lose her. Why, oh why does Kayli have to be so perfect? I peeled myself from the recliner and shook off my jealousy. Kayli liked me too. She wouldn't leave me. Right? My heart was beating slowly as I lye down. Losing her would be like losing myself, I decided. And I can't have that. No, no. But then again, losing myself was just as possible as losing her. I shook my head quickly and went to make some green tea. I shouldn't think like that.

A/N: I have no words, but everything is about to happen now. Love it? Hate it? Leave me some feedback so I can criticise your criticism!