Like Real People Do

Mint's POV

I woke up to a consistent poking in my right cheek. I turned my head to the sight, barely avoiding getting poked in the eye by a persistent Kayli. "Did Austin fake those messages?" She huffed, obviously troubled by this realisation. My eyes widened and I looked away, because I knew if she looked me in the eyes she could see that I lied. "So he did." She said quietly. I remained silent, refusing to acknowledge her logic. She slowly got up and left the room, not turning back to look at me. I turned my head and stared at the ceiling. It was covered in glow in the dark stars, like my bedroom. I smiled as I though of the memories of Kayli and I decorating the ceiling with the little plastic stars and planets, making shapes and spirals. It was so beautiful. I wish we could go back to then. I climbed out of the metal bed and walked outside to find Kayli. I checked my phone. There was a message from her: Room 147.

Austin's POV

So currently I was in literally the worst place on earth to try to commit suicide. That obviously wasn't happen. From my time periods between unconsciousness I've gathered that the entire right half of my body was entirely broken. And hell, it felt like it. Even through the painkillers I had to wince in pain every once in a while. I was awake for a bit, and I heard the door open. I turned my head slightly to see Kayli walk in. She came over and stood in front of me, glaring daggers at me. "I can't believe you." She said quietly, venom lacing her soft tone. I looked up at her, failing to understand. And then it hit me. Mint told her about the thing, which is why Mint overdosed. Naturally, Kayli needed to know why she tried to take her life. "Mint lied for you. Told me she had no idea who sent her that screenshot." She stated in disgust, anger getting the best of her hushed murmur. "Look lets just put this beh-" She cut me off quickly. "Yeah, we'll put it behind us. And I'll put you behind me. We are done." She said flatly before turning and leaving the room.

Kayli's POV

Tears slipped down my far as I stormed back to Kayli's room. I didn't want to believe it was him but there is no way I could just continue to date him like nothing happened. I loved him but he nearly made my best friend commit suicide and I can't look him in the eyes without hurting anymore. And I don't want to. I opened the door to Minty's room and sat on her bed when she wasn't there. I lay on my side and look at the metal bar in front. Cold. Metal. Uncaring. I shivered as I slowly drifted into a tense, uncomfortable sleep.

I had a thought
However scary
About that night
The bugs and the dirt
Why were you digging?
What did you bury?
Before those hands pulled me
From the earth
I will not ask you where you came from
I will not ask you and neither should you
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should be kissing like real people do
I knew that look, dear
Eyes always seeking
Was there in someone
That dug long ago
So I will not ask you
Why you were creeping
In some sad way I already know

A/N: I'm sorry, oh so sorry. But it gets better. He's a dick anyway. Love it? Hate it? Leave me some feedback so I can criticise your criticism!