Nothing Left to Give

Kayli's POV

My vision blurred as I stared at the girl on the ground in front of me. Half of a bottle's worth of pills lye scattered next to her. She was dead. Another tear slipped out of my eye, but I saw a movement. She moved. Immediately, everything is learned in science and health class came back to me from the years. I worked carefully, trying to hold back my panic, over her. I searched for her pulse. She was still alive. But she wasn't breathing. I pushed down on her chest. Nothing. I put my mouth over her light blue, slightly open lips and got her breathing once more. I called an ambulance and went back to working silently over her. No tears fell from my face. I had nothing left to give. An ambulance showed up and took her in the stretcher. Her parents were out, and so were mine. I got in the back with her. The look on my face stopped the nurse from asking if I was family. We drove quickly, but not quick enough to the hospital. They had her hooked up to many metal things now, and I hated that. Despite this fact, if they helped, then I wouldn't be the one to stop them.

---•Time skip like the doctor•---

I smiled wryly as we walked into room 219. Same place I got stuck in when I tried to kill myself. This room would be full of bad memories. Sadly, I was sent away so they could stabilise her. I argued and fought, but eventually lost. There was no point in trying. I went to the waiting room and waited impatiently. Then the realisation of what was happening hit me in the face, and once again, I was forced into a state of hysteria.

Austin's POV

I stared at the text Kayli had sent me ten short minutes ago. "On way to hospital, Minty is dying." She sent this with capital letters and seemed frustrated. When I said I wanted Mint gone, I didn't mean like this. I couldn't process it. It made no sense, why would she be..? It hit me in the face. She tried to kill herself. Because of me. I killed Mint. I killed her. I walked to the bathroom slowly and looked at myself in the mirror. Was I a murderer? I sank to the ground and put my head between my knees. I wanted to cry. But I didn't. I wanted to care. But I couldn't. I had nothing left to give. I have done something terrible today.

Mint's POV

Am I dead? I hope so. I have nothing left to give. I would be better off dead. I stood in total blackness I was surprised at the lack of after life. I was not a religious person, and I didn't believe in God, but...you'd expect there to be something, right? Maybe I was just stuck in this darkness til I died again of starvation. Then I'd have to come back here again because, well, I'm dead. Are the heart monitors in death? I hear the rapid beeping of a heart monitor in the far distance. As soon as I note it, it's gone. I hear nothing. And I feel nothing but sadness.

A/N: I'm 3000% done with this story. As long as this is understood, there shall be no problems. Love it? Hate it? Leave me some feedback so I can criticise your criticism!