Part Three

On a hot summer day, Sam was playing lacrosse at the field as he usually did.

Suddenly, he got a text from his girlfriend Lily, saying that she would meet him there. Alex, one of the guys, looked over his shoulder and shouted to the other guys,

"Look! Sam's checking up on his giiiirlfriend."

His friends gathered in a circle and playfully jeered at him. Alex especially, because he had dated Lily before Sam had, before Lily had had to dump him for Sam.

He taunted Sam,

"Sam, I dare you to break up with her. But wait, I bet you're too chicken to actually do it."

Before he knew it, a red mist had passed over his vision and Sam was on the ground punching Alex. A melodic voice came over to him.

"Sam, what are you doing?" Lily said, tears flowing down her face.

She ran away from the field, and he jumped over the fence to chase after her, finally catching up to her on the street.

"Lily, I'm so sorry, I love you, I'm so sorry...."

She turned toward him, drying her tears.

"Lily, please forgive me, I was angry and jealous and mad and I'm sorry... I love you."

Her arms came tentatively around him, and he hugged her tightly to his chest, promising that he would never risk something so special to him ever again.