Ava: Part One

Ava was looking particularly stunning to Todd that day. He couldn't quite place what it was - a new hairstyle maybe? Or maybe it was because today he was determined to tell her how he felt.

He strolled right up to her and started talking, mentioning anything to keep the conversation going until he could find a way to ask her out. But finally, as his aimless small talk didn't appear to be amounting up to what he really wanted to tell her, he gave up and texted it to her. He couldn't say it to her face.

His heart raced as her phone vibrated, but for whatever reason, she didn't check it. All of a sudden, Todd was in hell. What was he going to do? She had to read it!

Finally, during a silent period in the conversation, he said

"Um, your phone is lit up."

Dejected, she looked down, and smiled to see that the message was from him.

"I'll read it later," she said with a satisfied smile.

Now what was he going to do?

"No, please, I insist," Todd replied.

Ava quickly scanned the screen, and her face revealed no emotion as she rapidly texted back. His phone vibrated, and on it was a single text- "yes". Ava tossed a smile over her shoulder as she walked away to her friends.