Part Three

Charlie looked down at his phone, smiling in class as Annabelle texted him, home sick.

"I miss you," she wrote, and Charlie blushed.

His best friend Sam nudged him, and said

"Char, you guys are practically together now. When are you going to get up the courage to ask her out, like, for real?"

Charlie smiled, jumped up, and declared to the class,

"Right now."

************************************************************************

He ran out of the classroom, ignoring the shouts of the teachers, towards Annabelle's house. He knocked on her door, and she answered, flushed and looking prettier than ever.

"What are you doing here Char?"

"I came to see you...I brought you... the homework? I didn't have any chicken soup, so this is the best that I could do."

She hugged him, blushing. Even though she was sick with a fever, she was thinking that he could always brighten up her day. The sweetest boy in the world. Charlie lost himself in their hug, thinking that he was exactly where he was supposed to be.

Then he spoke,

"Wait... that isn't actually the best thing I can give you."

He pulled her hands to his chest.

"Annabelle, I know it's not much, but I want you to know you have all of my heart, ever since I met you, but was too stupid to realize it... I can only offer myself, and I hope it's enough for you. Will you be my girlfriend?"