five// high as a private jet

A/N: josh and tyler definitely are slightly OOC in those first few chapters, but they will be depicted normally soon, kay?

||Charlotte Robin Dun|| First Person||

I stir the stainless steel spoon around and around in my cup of coffee, lazily attempting to dissolve the sugar I put in. I cast my eyes up from the camera lens mug Josh bought me for my sixteenth birthday to the living room, which is just in sight of the kitchen. My mother sits on the L shaped black leather sofa, her gaze fixed on the television flat screen even though she isn't paying attention to the program. I'm unsure of what it is, but it seems to be a reality rerun from last night. I know that she isn't paying attention because today is the day Josh and Tyler return from Toronto. The end of that Fall Out Boy tour.

I lean on the counter and stare into the brown abyss of my hot beverage, sighing tiredly. It's been over two weeks since I fought with my brother and his best friend, Tyler, and I haven't spoken a word to them since. I would have given my mother the silent treatment as well if it weren't for the fact that she's my mom and I can't really ignore her. But I did my best to avoid her, even though I was grounded for the most part of the past two weeks, my punishment ending on the same day that collectively twenty one pilots returns home. Ryan expected that I'd be grounded for a month, but Mom cut it down because she felt bad about our fight. Mom has been trying her best to get me to talk to Josh or Tyler over the phone whenever they called to check on Momma Dun, Daddy Dun, and me, but I always made up some excuse because I honestly just didn't want to talk to the two people that treated me like shit.

My eyes flicker downwards to my phone on the polished counter top, my fingers traveling to the Home button so I could check the time. The screen illuminates and I see my lock screen picture, a photo I took awhile ago with Ryan when we were chilling at the mall. He had his hands on my shoulder, squeezing them lightly while pushing his face next to my face. He was sticking his tongue out, it almost tickling my ear, and I was laughing. I smile slightly before looking at the time. Ten AM. Beautiful.

"Where are they? They landed three hours ago..." Mom is muttering under her breath. Dad and the Josephs were due to meet the duo at the airport, while Mom decided it would be great for us to stay back and clean the already spotless house. Nevertheless, I washed to dishes and vacuumed to house once more just to please her. I also planned on going out tonight with Ryan to a movie.

"Ding Dong!" A familiar voice sings with far too much vibrato in their voice. The singing is muffled slightly by the wooden door, but it's still obviously Tyler Joseph, and Mom knows that to because she dives out of her chair and sprints for the door. I hear her frantically pulling open the locks before swinging the door open, inviting the Josephs plus the two other Duns into the house.

The sound level raises with the amount of human beings entering almost immediately. I cringe when I catch sight of so many people- I see Mrs. Joseph and Mr. Joseph first, Tyler's sibling following after with him and my brother, and finally my father steps in, kissing Mom on the lips softly but shortly before getting his shoes off. I roll my eyes but nevertheless feel great because I am officially ungrounded.

"Robin, hey!" Zack Joseph, Tyler's brother, smiles at me, peering around the corner and into the kitchen. I nod in acknowledgement of his presence before turning to my phone. I quickly bring up Ryan's contact information and shape a new text.

Me: Ungrounded finally

Ry: Really?

Ry: What movie?

Me: idk BH6 is out in theatres and I really wanted to watch it

Ry: I'll buy the tickets

Ry: what time should i pick you up?