17: cold, empty

Takaya pov:

I woke up... White space... White lights...  How familiar. How disgustingly familiar. I have only opened my eyes and I already got a feeling of not sitting up to explore this place.

I sat up anyway, yup. This sickening familiar place. The lab. The transparent window over there made of plastic. I walked over and banged on it slightly. I could hear a machine and gears turning. My instincts and past experience tell me to retreat backwards. So I did.

Liquid came pouring down. Chemicals,acid. Harmful to human skin. Than the screen on my right turned on. That face... Anra.

Anra: do you still remember me?

Takaya: I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Anra: good good. Stay there for a while. We'll have a competition right after you rest fully.

Takaya: competition?

Anra: hai. Against you the imperfection and mine the perfect. Although you most likely will fail but he is right.

Takaya: he is right?

Anra: junin. It is interesting to see you struggle. That is if you're almost on par or just a little ant about to be squashed.

Junin huh... Explains all these. I thought he just really plainly saw me as a threat. He could have killed me immediately over there.

Tenka... Where are you? Sousei... Where are you?

This place feels so cold and empty. Not even one person... Even the prison was better than this....

___________________________________

*knock knock knock knock knock*

Sousei came to open the door ' what?'

Tenka: return takaya.

Sousei: huh?

Tenka: its late. She should be sleeping at home. With me.

Sousei: wait, she's not home? I don't have her. She never came to my house.

Tenka: you're serious?

Sousei: hai. Shit.

Tenka: shit.

Sousei: I'll go ask for help.

Tenka: I'll go try find her meanwhile.