Chapter 43

"I'm not here to hurt you. These men are here to protect not only you, but they're here to protect me. You can trust me." He said calmly, answering my question and I looked into those eyes, and I still felt like I couldn't breathe. "Let go of the gun Jules." He repeated carefully. "I'm not here to hurt you."

"Why are you here?" I whispered back, looking into those blue eyes, which were observing me.

"We were in a meeting when I got the call that the queen had arrived and was sitting here without protection." He said calmly. "I send these hundred men right away and decided to come here to check on you. Does High Priestess Polly know you're here?" He said calmly and I stared at him, he seemed to be telling the truth. I slowly let go of the gun and he grabbed it from me and he threw it behind him, a security guard catching it. I looked at that with a frown before looking back at Trevor. He had asked me something, but I didn't know what? "Does High Priestess Polly know you're here?" He repeated carefully and I looked at his face and I let out another shaky breath.

"She knows that I was planning on leaving yesterday yes." I responded. "Am I in trouble?" I said and he took a step back and he looked at me with an eyebrow raised as he then took another step back, wait no, come back? He then took another step back, still not answering my question as he then went and sat down on the bush.

"Why do you always assume that you're in trouble?" Trevor said calmly looking at me, as he loosened his tie a bit. I looked around at the hundred men. "FACE" Trevor then snapped before I could observe all of them, and they turned around, giving us some privacy. I stared back at him as I kept put against King Roberts statue. "I mean, yes you did leave Brusta without security, you probably stayed at a hotel somewhere without security, you drove all the way up Gotar without a driver whom is experienced in driving up the mountain, yes you went and sat in the middle of a city without security, you are currently leaning against a statue of a king, which is a punishable offence, and yes you did have a gun without permission from the kings. But why would you think you'd be in trouble?" he said and he wasn't smiling and I frowned as I didn't understand what he was asking, was this a serious question? I was so fucking confused.

"Because of everything you said." I said carefully, not moving from my spot. "And because I led that guy to Gotar, putting the lives of the Kings of Locatlie in danger." I stammered staring at him. "You forgot that." I added trying to lighten the mood and Trevor stared at me, his eyebrow still raised.

"You are unbelievable do you know that?" He said shaking his head looking at me. "I haven't spoken to you in a year and you think you're in trouble. You were held captive and I now know that he planned on killing you but you talked him out of it, by coming to Gotar, the most secure place you can be, and you think you're in trouble?" he said shaking his head. "You are infuriating."

"I'm sorry." I stammered looking down and biting my lip. "I didn't- I." What the fuck was I doing? I shouldn't be thinking about what anyone was thinking, I was a free woman. "Am I going to be locked up and punished or not?" I then said a bit more direct and Trevor stared at me, his eyebrow still raised.

"No. Never." He replied directly and I nodded slowly at that as I stared sideways. I looked out at the stars and a small smile appeared on my face as I looked back at Trevor.

"Never? Really?" I challenged as I stared into those perfect blue eyes again. The darkness in his eyes changed and it seemed like his posture changed as a whole.

"I'm not planning on ever locking you up, unless you specifically ask 'Trevor lock me up and torture me.' But I have this feeling I won't be hearing that in my lifetime, especially from you." He said and I bit my underlip and I nodded as I crossed my arms and I kept looking at him, waiting for him to talk. "Are you going to keep disrespecting my grandfather by leaning against him or are you going to come sit here next to me? Why are you even right here by the way?" he said and I took a couple of steps forward and then turned around, turning my back towards him.