Chapter 9

Dixie's POV: it was 5 minutes before class started and I was running down the hallway with all my notebooks. I was in a hurry because I didn't want to be late. I wasn't even look where I was going. Sooner rather then later I bumped into someone and all my paper and notes fell all over the floor.

Noah's POV: I was walking in the hallway at school and I was on my phone not really paying attention. Then I bumped into someone. "Omg I'm so sorry" we both said in sync. "Noah?" Dixie questioned. "Dixie?" I questioned her back. "I, sorry I should've been paying attention to where I was going."

I said to her then I kneeled down and helped her pick up her notes. "No, no don't be sorry it was my fault." She responded. "No it was my fault, are you okay? Did I hurt you?" I asked her worried that I hurt her. "No I should be fine, thank you for helping me clean up my mess by the way." She said to me.

"No problem it was my fault anyways, what's your first period?" I asked her. She said science then I realized I had science first so we decided to walk together. We sat beside each other and decided to be lab partners. Honestly she was really fun to be around.

*FAST FORWARD TO THE END OF THE DAY AT THEIR TUTORING SESSION*

Noah's POV: Dixie told me to meet her in the library so that's where I went. I saw her sitting there with a bunch of math books. I went over to her and sat down. She said "hey, so I took a look at your old assignments last year and Noah you seemed to really struggle in algebra. Lucky for you I love algebra. "Ok cool" I said in response.

I was really nervous because I didn't want to look dumb or stupid in front of her. The hour almost passed and I was starting to understand a bit better, maybe it was because it was Dixie teaching me. I think Dixie could tell I was nervous. I will say though algebra is fucking hard. The full hour passed and we were both packing up.

"Thanks for doing this again, I really appreciate it and I'm actually starting to understand it more. So I um have a s-soccer game tomorrow and there is a after party if we win, what I'm trying to say is um do you want to watch my soccer game and we can go to the party together after?" I said really quickly. I didn't know what she was going to say. "Sure I would love to Noah and I think Charli and Addison are already going." She told me.

I was literally so happy that she said yes. The only thing I had to do was tell the guys that I have feelings for this girl so they wouldn't pick on her. "Ok great the game starts at 7 by the way." I said. "Ok great, well uhh I have to get going but I'm sure I'll see you around, bye Noah." Dixie said to me. "Bye Dixie" I said back. Josh invited all the guys over so I think that's when I'm going to tell them about Dixie.

I finally arrived at Josh's house and saw all the guys already there when I walked in. I dabbed them up. "Hey what's up bro?" Josh said to me. "Nothing just chilling man." I said and then I took a pause.

"So umm I wanted to talk to you guys about something. It's actually about Dixie. I think that we should stop picking on her, I've gotten to know her better the past few days and she's actually a really nice girl and I'm sure she would appreciate it if we stopped picking on her you know man?" I said kind of nervous what they would say.

Jaden said "bro why the fuck are you hanging out with bone girl, she is the definition of a loner, you could easily get some hot chick and you go for her, that's gross honestly." I was in shock about what Jaden said. I didn't like the way he was speaking about Dixie.

"Bro I think you should watch your mouth, maybe if you learned to treat a girl with respect you'd actually get one. And she's not just bone girl she's a whole lot more then that. She's kinda, funny, outgoing, and beautiful." I kind of made it sound like we were dating or something but we aren't but that is the goal.

Then Blake pitched in "so what you guys are hooking up or something, I don't believe it no way she can give better sex then Emma." Emma was my ex girlfriend who was a pretty controlling and toxic person. "Guys you know what I'm tired of this shit, Dixie is a whole lot better at being a FRIEND then Emma ever was. I'm leaving I though you were supposed to be my friends. Maybe I should just talk to coach and get you off the team, speak like that ever again about Dixie and I'll make sure it happens." I said I was so angry steam was coming out of my ears.

"Is that a threat?" Josh said. "Yes, yes it is" I sad and stormed out and drove back home. I was super angry and not happy. I love Dixie with my whole heart. How could anyone say stuff like that about her. It broke my heart.

Authors note: so um that happened anyways hope you enjoyed!

Word count: 948