Flipping Birds

*****************A/N**************

Still editing....Just wondering if anyone know's of or would like to edit my story since I'm nearing the end? I find it takes way to long to write, then edit and finally try and reread it again. Since about chapter 8 I've been writing a page and then stopping and rereading and editing it, but my chapters are getting longer and its getting harder and harder to edit and keep focus on the story. So if anyone know's of someone or are interested themselves please please message me or leave a comment!!!!:) I figure there's about 4 more chapters left of my story:) Thanks to all my readers!! Its been you's that inspire me to write and finish a book! So here's to you XOXO!!!

*******************************************

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

JAMIE'S POV

"Sam that's not funny! Give it back!" I laughted out chasing Sam around the table.

"How many times do I have to hear you say "where's my cellphone?" in a day Jamie? I'm gonna hold onto it from now on, you can have it when a text comes in." Sam said trying to use her mother hen tone, waving her finger and my phone back and forth. hearing her squeal like a pig while dodging the flying apple I'd just chucked at her, put a huge smile on my face.

"What if I'm trying to call you!!" I yelled back trying to use logic over objects. But she just laughter and took off running. I followed her into the back porch where she was sitting on the couch with my phone.

"You'll just have to use a land line then won't you?" She replied, sticking the phone down her shirt with a sly grin.

"I don't know your number off by heart Sam. Its in the phone." Rebutting back with my hand out waiting for my phone.

"You'll just have to use 411 then, here's fifty cents." She said rolling her eye's and digging in her pocket. "What would you do with out me?" Her question pinged something deep in my subconscious.

I stood there confused and raking my brain to find out why her handing me fifty cents for a phone call is bothering me so much. We're just laughing and playing around like usual, I thought as I looked down at the two quarters Sam placed in my hand.

"What are you looking at? Stop wasting time Jamie....Aren't you going to make that call?" Sam asked with a smile and her head cocked to the side like a cute puppy.

Phone call? Was I making a call when she took my phone? Whatever, there isn't anyone in the world I'd reather be talking to right now then her.

"No, not yet......Sam can we go for a run or something?" I asked looking out at the open fields around us.

"No, not yet." She laughted out pointing over my sholder.

"Make your call, then run." Sam replied getting up and giving me a hug. I didn't want to let her go, it feels like it's been foreven since I last hugged her.

"You really are the best Sam you know that right?" I asked as her walked away towards the barn.

"Yep I know!" She yelled back turning around in mid step to blow me a kiss, and give a little wave before spinning back around and skipping away.

"I turned around to see what Sam was pointing at before she hugged me but I didn't see anything other then the back door into the kitchen. Curiosity free flowing through me, I walked to the door and openned it. Looking inside nothing seemed out of place. Then the phone rang making me jump out of my skin.

"Jesus!" I complained under my breath walking to the phone.

When I got there a huge knot formed deep in the pit of my stomach. The phone wasn't there! Starting to panic because I'm gonna miss the call, I started frantically looking around the kitchen. After the 6th or 7th ring I ran into the doc's room, finding it laying on the bed.