Chapter 30: Tests

Sans and Hatsume were sitting at a local coffee shop near the school waiting for Izuku to arrive.

"He's taking too long." Hatsume complained, "I just texted him the address, be patient."

"But I don't want to be patient." She huffed, "Okay," She raised an eyebrow, "How are you always so calm?" She asked with a suspicious look.

"I don't know, why?"

"Well, I've never heard you raise your voice even a tiny bit, you're always tired, and you never assume the worst."

"Well, why do you even pay attention to that?"

"Because,"

"Good response, anyways I think that's Izuku over there in the hood." She looked to where he had pointed to and saw Izuku walking across the street towards them.

"Oh yeah, finally!" She got up and met him a few feet away from the coffee shop. They talked for a minute and she led him over to where they had been sitting.

"Hey, Zu," They both sat down on either side of Sans, "Hey, Sans," Izuku looked beside Sans's chair, "What's that?" He asked.

"Oh, it's what we'll be doing today," Izuku looked between the two of them, "What?" They laughed.

"Don't worry you'll understand soon, but in the meantime want a snack?" Sans held up a cookie, "Uh, sure... thanks." Izuku took it.

"So um, what is it?" Izuku looked back down at the metal box laying beside Sans's chair, "You 

really wanna know?" Hatsume asked peering at him.

"I mean, yeah I do." Sans chuckled, "Hat, don't toy with him, it's a jetpack, we're going to test it out."

"Wait... you're not using me to be your guys' test monkey are you?" Hatsume grinned wickedly, "No we're not." Sans flipped her hair into her face.

"Bleh," Sans and Izuku laughed at her, "Do you want help with that?" She kept trying to spat it out of her face which only made them laugh at her even more.

"Anyways," She said after finally getting her hair out of her face, "We should get going now."

"Wait where are we going?" Izuku asked, "Well, we can't just test it here, we gotta go somewhere else." Hatsume said.
"Oh, right, heh, sorry."

"No worries, let's go." Sans got up and started walking off and the other two followed him.

"Wait this is a construction site?" Sans nodded, "No ones' working right now, so we're good."

"Oh, alright, so how does it work?" Sans tossed the box over to Hatsume, "Care to demonstrate?"

"Of course," She pulled a switch, and in a matter of seconds, the metal box transformed into its original form. The jetpack was silver with long black and white streaks directing which way it faces and turbo engines at the bottom. On the front were sturdy straps and two handles.

"Wow! That looks like Air Jets jetpack!" Izuku exclaimed excitedly.

"Isn't it cool, that's where I got the inspiration from, and with the help of Bones here, we made a copy."

"You both can nerd out later, now who wants to go first?" Sans said, "I think broccoli head should go first." Hatsume implied.

"W-What, are you sure it's safe?" Sans nodded, "What, don't trust me?"

"No, I don't trust her, she keeps giving me evil looks and calls me stutters." Sans laughed, "Heh, don't worry about it bud, I looked it over."

"Alright..." Izuku glared at Hatsume suspiciously, who was whistling. "What? I didn't do anything." Sans took the jetpack from her and gave it to Izuku. He put it on like a backpack and Sans started strapping him in.

"Does that feel secure?" Sans asked.

"Yeah, so how does it start?"

"You see the two handles inside the first one there's a small panel and you'll see a white button, push it and it'll turn on, and you'll be able to steer wherever you want, but try not to go too far." Hatsume finished and Izuku nodded before following her instructions.

Hesitantly he pushed the small white button and hastily the jetpack turned on sending him 100ft in the air.
"Try Moving Around!" Hatsume shouted, "A-Alright!"

Izuku held on tightly to the handles and pushed them forward. At that exact moment, he went flying forward and almost crashed into the crane on the far end of the construction site.

"Hey, Be careful!" Hatsume yelled, but he didn't seem to hear her. Meanwhile Sans was sitting on the crane Izuku had nearly crashed into a minute ago, sipping on some ketchup.

"Hey, try to land on the crane!" Izuku glanced over at Sans and started easing his way over. "Alright!"

"YO!" Izuku stopped and hovered about 3 three feet away from the crane and stared at something in the distance. Sans looked down at Hatsume and saw she was doing the same thing, but he didn't bother to turn around.

Right, when he was about to take another sip of ketchup something landed next to him and a large gust of wind was sent out in all directions.

"Yo, what are you kids doing?" Sans lazily turned his head, "Hey, your Keigo right?"

Keigo was a tall man with blonde hair, light brown clothes, and large bright red wings on his back.

"Yea, how'd you know?" Keigo or Hawks sat down next to Sans while the other two stared, "Oh, wait your Shota's son, aren't ya?"
"Okay, why does everyone, just immediately assume I'm his son?"

"Ah, well ever since the attack, you were on the news and the news reporter said your name was Sans Aizawa."

"Of course," Sans chugged half of the bottle down, "Alright, so what are you and your little friends doing here?" Right at that moment, Izuku made it over to the ledge the two of them were sitting on and hung onto it.

"We're testing out the jetpack he's wearing." Sans waved his hand over the jetpack, "Yeah, and it'd be really great if you'd help me up, so he could get a better look."

Sans let out a chuckle, "Sorry bud, here." Sans grabbed Izuku's hand and pulled him up.

"Thanks," Hawks studied the machinery, "Did you guys make it yourselves?" Sans nodded, "Me and Hat down there, oh and Zu, you can take it off."

Izuku began unstrapping himself and handed the jetpack over to Sans who made it turn back into its box form without doing anything to it.

"Neat,"

"Thanks,"

"Well, I guess I should get going now, bye." And with that, he stood up, stretched his wings, and took off.

"HEY! I'M STILL DOWN HERE YOU BONE HEAD!" Sans tossed the box down and she had to run to catch it in time, "Then come up here!"

She glared at him and made sure she strapped herself insecurely, "Alright I'm Coming!"

"Well, I guess you could say that was a success." The three of them had spent the rest of the day doing different tests with the contraption and pointing out any flaws.So, to say the least, they had fun hanging out with eachother.