Chapter 25: The Evolutionary Project

"Hey! Wait up, Bones!" Sans stopped when he heard his newly given nickname 'Bones' which happened to turn a lot of heads. He turned around to see Hatsume making her way through the crowd of students trying to get their things together for next period."Did you just call me bones?" Hatsume jogged over to him, her hair was messy from forcing her way through the crowd."Yeah, you call me Hat, so I'm going to call you Bones." She stated proudly."Alright, but where did you even get the idea from?"

"You're pretty skinny dude, I can see your frickin' bones through your uniform."

"Touche, anyways what's up?" She brushed aside a piece of her hair. "Well, I just got back from the principal's office, and guess what he said?" Sans stroked his chin repeatedly like he was solving a hard case."Hm, well, by your expression I can tell it's something to get excited about... eh, I give up." Hatsume frowned and swung at him when she missed she pulled out a pencil and threw it at him and unfortunately for her he dodged that too, so it ended up hitting a kid next a few lockers away from them. The boy stared at them angrily and started walking over."Oops... come on!" She grabbed Sans by the arm and started to drag him down the hall like a ragdoll."Ok... ok, I think we lost him." Sans nodded dizzily, "Yeah... but now everything's spinning." Sans fell onto the tiled floor and held his head.She laughed and helped him to his feet, "Sorry about that, now come on.""What?" 

"Guess." Sans sighed, "Alright, um, you were given a key, to a room." She stared at him with a slightly shocked grin. "How'd you know?"

He held up a key and laughed, "I had a small hint." She snatched the key from his grasp, "How did you even get that?" She asked while still smiling."A magician never reveals their secret," Sans said with a bow. "Mhm, now are you going to ask what the keys for?" 

"It's for a room, I presume," Sans said with a cocky smirk. "Your no fun, I hope you know that." Hatsume finished and they shared a laugh. "Alright, now let's go, principal scar said we have break time and next period to build something and it has to be 'evolutionary', or else we won't be allowed to use the room."

"Seems easy enough." They made it to the further end of the school and stood before a medium-sized door, she inserted the key into the handle, it clicked and they stepped inside. Hatsume felt around for a light switch of some kind which made Sans snort before bursting into laughter. "Hat, it's over here." A clicking noise was the only thing that could be heard and then the room was filled with a bright light. "Welp, it doesn't matter, now let's get to work!" The first time they took a second to really look around the room they were surprised to see that it looked like a real inventors room, there were notebooks for ideas, tools for building, a bunch of different types of building material, like wires, frames, scrap material. "Okay, now that's what you call supplies." Hatsume agreed hastily and ran over to the rather large workbench. 

"B-Back off!" Flynn cried out, "You're so cute!" Exclaimed a girl from the back of the crowd that had swarmed Flynn. "Can I hold you!?" Yelled another, "No I want to hold him!" Another screamed. "N-No one's going near me!" Flynn said clearly angered by them all. "Aw, is someone getting a little fussy?" Someone closer to him said while reaching out their hand. 

"No!" He swatted away the person's hand. "Hey!" Flynn looked behind him to see a girl with long wavy black hair standing there with a very stern expression. "Class started 5 minutes ago, so I suggest you get going." Flynn sighed in relief when they all started mumbling rude comments and began leaving him alone.

She walked over to him and kneeled. "Aizawa Sensei's son right? Are you okay?" Flynn took a step back, "I don't tr-trust you." She stood up, "I'm not like them, I promise, don't you recognize me from class, I was the one in the front row." 

Flynn studied her and seemed to have a realization. "Oh, your mom yoyoz." She let out a stiff laugh, "N-No, I'm Momo yaoyorozu." Flynn disregarded her words and ran past her and into a large crowd of students, "Anzu!" 

"H-Hah?!" Flynn sprouted his vines and used them so he would be the same height as Izuku and Katsuki. "Oi, aren't you the kid from class?" Flynn scoffed and spoke in a sarcastic tone, "Noo, I'm a kid from another class." Katsuki began to yell at him when interrupted by Izuku, "Kacchan he's only a kid! Please no more yelling." Momo finally made her way through the crowd, "Please don't run away kid, don't you need to get back to Aizawa Sensei?" 

"I mean I should," Flynn whispered quietly, "And no using your quirk in the halls." Flynn huffed and lowered himself to the ground while letting his vines sink back into his back.

"Your not very fun, y'know." Momo sighed. "Rude, now come on." Flynn shook his head, "Can't I just stay with them?" "No, because they need to get to class as well." Izuku panicked saying something like 'I'm Late!' and 'Oh no no no!' He then grabbed a notebook and a Social studies book and ran off. "No running in the halls!" Izuku slowed down while still going at a remarkably fast paste."You need to get going too." Momo snapped at Katsuki, "Eh, I'm going, jeez." Katsuki went after Izuku and soon disappeared into the small group of people still wandering the halls."Oh my, now let's get going..?""Flynn.""Hm, what about Flower?" "What..?""Can I call you that?""W-Why?""Because of you're quirk, I saw a few flowers hanging off from your stems.""Vines... and yeah I guess, yo-you can c-call m-me that." Flynn covered his face in embarrassment. "You shouldn't be embarrassed by your stuttering.""Yeah... a-alright, let's just go." Flynn and Momo were turning a corner when they saw Hatsume zoom by and Momo called out, "Hey! No running in the halls!" But by the time she had finished she was already out of hearing range."Oh well."

"Hat! Never do that again!" Sans exclaimed as he finally put out the small fire. "Where did that water even come from!?" She said amazed. "Mm, you don't deserve to know." "Oh come on, Bones, please!" Sans shook his head dramatically and a few seconds later they started laughing. After a few minutes of laughing Hatsume spoke up.

"H-hey," Hatsume said while still trying to catch her breath. "What's your quirk? You never told me." 

"Well, you haven't told me yours yet either." She was about to protest when she found herself stumped, "I guess your right." She admitted a little irritably. "Mine is called Zoom, I can look at anything really closely, now are you going to tell yours or not?"

"Too lazy." "Hey! That isn't fair, Bones." "Alright, I'll tell ya', just calm down."

"Hmph, fine, soo? What is it?" 

"My quirk is called 'Bone Manipulation' basically I can control bones, for example." Sans outstretched his hand towards Hatsume and her arms started moving uncontrollably. "Bones that's so freakin' cool! But you can stop now." He chuckled and let his hand fall to his side.

"You satisfied?" 

"Yup, now... let's get back to work!"