WLG: 33

Darren's pov:

Lacey just lies there, not moving, not twitching, not showing signs of coming back. I won't believe it. Lacey just can't be dead. After all we've been through, she...can't...be...dead... Yet she lies right here in front of my face. My voice softly croaks, "Lacey... Lacey... Lacey..." Not a reaction from any of my pleadingly calls. "Lacey?" No reaction.

I feel myself shake as more tear escape my eyes, and then I just lose it and scream while pounding my fist into the wall; I left a hole, though not to the next room. Everyone's heads snap up to me, but now I can only focus on who is responsible for all of this. Gatsby, the damn bastard.

That's when the doctors, my sister, and Sydney see Lacey. We all wait to see if she'll react to something, anything, but she doesn't. She just lies there, pale and colder than normal.

Not a second's thought stops me from storming out the door, but Thane does. I glance at her questioningly to her face determined. "I'm tired of crying when Lacey's gone. I'm ready to fight. Don't fool anyone, Darren. You're going to need help."

I nod and glance at Dr. Jay. "Will you join us?"

He glances at Lacey then me and nods. "I'll have my pack fight too. Turner, you two watch Lacey."

Dr. Jay joins us in striding down the halls then into the waiting room. All of mine and Lacey's families look up to us only to follow us out the door. Hunter steps in front of me. "What happened?"

It's too hard to say, so I send everyone a mental picture of Lacey in the hospital bed. I growl, "The hunters are responsible for this. So I'm gonna get rid of them."

"We'll join you," Hunter affirms, and together we all stride out of the waiting room of the hospital. We pounce one by one into the lush forest of tall pine trees as our fearsome wolves then sprint through it, our paws pounding at the hard dirt and grass ground.

We hear a howl on our right, and Dr. Jay's wolf goes to his pack as they run along our side, ready to fight. Another howl from our left brings us Antonio and Diego and their pack, save for 'Big Jake', also ready to fight for us.

As one large pack of werewolves, we pound faster into the woods, ready to sink our teeth into the necks, dig our claws into the flesh of, and to take down of all that is werewolf hunter. Each and every one will regret the day they swore into the sickening society of theirs that exists to wipe out our kind. They will learn just how outmatched they will always be. They will learn that while we may be merciless in war, we are compassionate about our packs, our families, our mates... And they will learn to never cross path with any of our superior race. If they survive or are lucky enough to let free or smart enough to flee, their children will know and so will their children's children and their children's children's children. They will know their weak, spineless race is not to mix with ours unless it's mates. They've gone far too far this time.

With no moonlight casting down upon the ground, we have to rely on superb eyesight in the dark as prey scurries in fright and take shelter. They are not the ones to worry about their lives. It's the hunters that we prey upon tonight.

The bright lights of where the hunters were ahead, casting down upon the men armed with silver steaks, ready to aim at us, though they had no clue that we were just over head of them, looking upon them with disgust. I count their men. Roughly around two hundred. I count my men. About one hundred and fifty-six. We may be outnumbered, I think to everyone, but we outmatch them.

As we watch them from our perches above ground, I notice Gatsby and Thornbush are bickering about something. I claw at the ground, ready to gorge them into Gatsby's sorry self. I felt my muscle ripple as my fur bristle, and my inner wolf snarls and begs for the fight now to avenge my mate and what they have done to us. Soon enough.

Antonio's pack of twenty prowl along the edges of our hill so that they can attack from behind, preventing from anyone escaping. Dr. jay's pack of about fifteen prowls more to the side for another surprise, back up attack. My family and Lacey's keep clawing at the ground. We're waiting for an advantage point in attacking a leader, which are the two commanders below.

Then they both turn their backs on us to look towards Antonio's pack...

And Hunter lets out his howl for attack.

I push forward and lunge straight for Bryan with my jaws extended, and I land on his back and start trashing him by his shirt. Thane joins me and sinks her teeth into his ankle as our families pounce on hunter after hunter. After I see a few fall, I howl for Dr. Jay's pack, and they come dashing down, him crashing down upon Dean. I saw Thane being cornered by a hunter, who raises his stake, but I rush forward and snap my jaw on his ankle, blood flowing into my mouth, and I make sure he fall on his face. I leave Thane to take care of the rest while I howl for Antonio's pack, which practically fly down the hill side and come upon the hunters like large arrows. Victory is upon us.

Out of no where, Bryan lunges a stake at me like a sword, but I dodge it with speed and grace, two things he lacks. He and I square each other off, glaring into each other's soul, and I nip at his ankle but he isn't as stupid as he seems. He thrusts the stake in my side, but I just barely make it out with only a deep cut along a rib. I push off the ground and slam my body to Bryan's chest, cracking ribs and knocking the wind out of him. I snarl and move so fast he doesn't see me claw my jaw on his wrist, and I stand upon his chest, looking down on him, as crimson flows down both him and me. I claw at the stake then toss it aside, and Bryan's wide eyes meet mine in pure terrifying fear.

In my glare, I'm telling him every threat to be told and every lesson he has learned upon this attack. His hands shakes and I pleasantly hear his heart accelerate with his fear. Finally, he knows to fear me.

Especially in my glare, I tell him that he is the reason Lacey is dead. In the end, he just ended up killing her, not "saving" her. He could have never loved Lacey like I do anyways. He may have gotten an army like I had, but he didn't have the guts to cut out the source of his problems. He only did meager threats that were nothing.

And he knows I'm going to kill him.

He shuts his eye tight, bracing for Death to come for him. Oh, how courageous. I snarl as I lower my muzzle closer and closer to his scrawny neck that I can already hear cracking. I open my jaw...

A demanding and dauntless howl makes every hunter and werewolf look upon the hill where the moon would normally be to see a single wolf.