WLG: 11

Lacey's pov: 

I keep my eyes closed as I arouse to waking up the next morning. For some reason, I feel safe and secure, more than before. But wait...I feel...fur in my hand? I open my eyes to see a wolf with midnight brown fur and white tipped ears lying next to me, and my arm is around it. It turns its head with the amber hawk eyes and I see it grin. I close my eyes again, not sure of what I just saw, and when I open them, Darren is next to me and smiling while propped up on one of his well toned arms. I quickly look down at us and see, to my greatest relief, that we are both fully dressed. I sigh then meet his eyes again. "What are you doing here?" 

"You fell asleep in my arms some time during our kiss." He smirks knowingly. "I laid you in your bed and fell asleep myself. You're welcome." 

I roll my eyes then sat up to scoot to the foot of the bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Darren sat up beside me and scoots with me to the foot of the bed. He turns my face to his and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear; he brings me forward so that our foreheads are touching. I can feel his breath on my face then shyly meet his gaze again, and we both straighten our head, so that the ends of our noses touch together. He does his signature smirking smile, and I copy it; then those smirking smile come together.  

He's as sweet and tender as last night but has a bit more passion in it. His tongue runs along my bottom lip, and I respond by opening my mouth enough for his tongue to explore my mouth; I shudder at it, and I felt his smirk more against my mouth. He ran one light hand with only his fingertips completely down my spine, and I shudder again and-ever so regrettably and hating myself for doing so-moan softly. I feel him smirk even more.  

Then we hear, "Ms. Lacey...oh." 

I pull away and stand up, facing Edwin, who is at the door, feeling my face burning; I shoot Darren a glare as he gets up, too. Darren clears his throat. "What is it, Edwin?" 

"Oh, nothing. Master Jacob sent me to find you and to tell you to meet him in his and your mother's room in an hour. But, uh...carry on," adds Edwin, a little too happily. Darren shakes his head. "What are we going to with him? He's so nosey." 

"Well...I think it was okay he...interrupted us." I stare at my feet, suddenly interested in them and not Darren's hurt face. "Lacey..." 

"I have to take a shower," I cut him off. I grab the first cloths in my closet then head to the bathroom door. What was I doing?

Edwin's pov: 

"Yes!" I mutter under my breath as I close the door for Ms. Lacey and Master Darren. I couldn't believe that I was going to win this bet with the other young masters. When the competition had started with Ms. Lacey, I told all of the young masters that Master Darren would be the one. Normally, I would have loved to go with one of the others, but something told me Master Darren and Miss Lacey would be together. Of course, they opposed and we made a solid bet; winner gets a vacation to the Caribbean islands. I couldn't wait. 

I hum a peppy and light hearted tune as I enter the kitchen, seeing the young masters and young Thane, and I grab the things for Master Jacob and his wife's tea; they're so happy again, like the old days. It's like nothing ever happened, and she had been here all along.  

Master Max raises an eyebrow at me. "Okay, what's got you so happy, Edwin?" 

"Oh, nothing," I reply airily as if I'm dismissing it; but I can't hide my smirk. "I just...saw something." 

"What did you see?" Master Vince slowly inquires, also raising an eyebrow; the others stare at me with great interest. I reply in a knowingly way, "I just saw a certain someone...with another certain someone."