WLG: 21

Darren's pov: 

It's looks like just minutes till midnight when we finally cross the threshold of the abandon warehouse. I stride in with King Hunter on my right and my father on the king's right; Alexander, Dr. Jay, and Antonio our behind us, though Antonio is nearly next to me.  

A man with smoky hair and goatee in a black suit looks up to us and...a young man that looks exactly like Antonio by him, though he smirks evilly; an arched red velvet cloth is hiding something in front of them. The goatee man smiles at us and reaches his hand for father and the king to shake. "Gentlemen...and Antonio. I see you haven't change at all." 

"Neither have you, Uncle Jake," Antonio remarks darkly then he nods to his reflection of Diego. "Diego." 

"Antonio, my only twin brother," Diego greets with his smirk. Jake waves it off. "I understand you are missing that girl of yours." 

"She was taken. By you, I presume?" King Hunter accuses coldly. Jake chuckles a bit. "You tell me, Your Majesty." 

Jake whips off the red velvet, and my breath holds. Lacey lies there behind the glass, sickly pale and motionless, with her eyes closed; I just barely see the slight rise and fall of her chest. I glance at my watch; five minutes to midnight. In my outraged state of mind, I slam my balled fist into the glass, but I pull back shaking it after I received the electrical shock of my life. I growl low and deep at Jake as he smirks then turns back to my father and the king. "Just in case you don't meet our deal." 

Even from my distance now, I could hear the king's petrifying growl. "What is it that you want?" 

"Oh...just a heavy ransom, if you catch our meaning," Diego joins in. King Hunter demands in a monotone voice, "How much exactly?" 

Diego and Jake glance at each other in triumph and nod. Diego announces, "Your alliance and undying loyalty to us and your rank as king alpha. What do you say?" 

King Hunter barks, "You can not just bargain that!" 

"Hmm...you're right," Jake agrees then glances at Diego. "Then I guess there is no other way...oh wait, there is. My nephew as the king and the girl as his wife." 

King Hunter and I lunge at him, but Antonio and Alexander hold me back while Dr. Jay and father get the king. I spit, "Never!"  

"Then I guess we can leave her in here," Jake coolly claims. Now everyone tries to lunge, but out of nowhere, the pack of Diego come out and holds every one of us back. Dr. Jay exclaims, "You can't do this! She'll die if she stays in there! She has to change at midnight!" 

"Well then you have till then to agree," Diego asserts. Jack adds, "I'd hurry up. Midnight is only...oh look at that, only three minutes left." 

Not caring about anything but Lacey, I twist around and clamp down on my captor's neck. He falls, I lunge at Dr. Jay's, and then I lunge over Lacey to Diego but am stopped by another. Thanks to me, all of my people got out of their holds and now we were in a bloody battle. I heard glass shatter and look up to see Diego, or at least I thought it was him, running off with Lacey; I dash after him, Antonio hot behind me.  

We round the corner, and Diego is about to get through an open window that he has to jump; I stop him by clamping on to his foot and dragging him back. Lacey fell, limp to the floor, as Antonio and I gang up on Diego as we phase back. Then unexpectedly, Antonio turns and pins me down to the floor with a smirk that copies Diego's. I snap, "What are you doing, Antonio?" 

"What I should have done a long time ago," he growls in a new threatening voice I never heard before; it almost intimidated me. I hear Diego laugh as I struggle. "Oh, Darren, you should know better than trust a man that truly belongs to another pack. Antonio was always with us. Did you not notice that was only three days before Lacey came along when Antonio desired to be your gardener?"