WLG: 1 ((pic of Lacey))

Darren's pov:

The new moon was high in the sky, making a patch of darkness across the starry sky, and I'm stuck with my younger brothers while they went for human food in a grocery store. I didn't see why they wouldn't hunt for food, like we have before, but no, they want human junk food. My brothers could be such morons sometimes.

And they have the nerve to ask me to get some things when I was already pissed off by them. I did it anyways because one thing of being a leader is patience. I have to start now if I was going to be alpha when my father passes it down, but that won't happen for awhile, hopefully. 

I suddenly feel like something's wrong with my pack, and I go back to my brothers to find them fighting over something ridiculous, no doubt about that. I growl for them to stop, but obviously this is too important to listen to their beta, me. I start trying to pry them away when my irritation grows. 

Then a voice so sweet and harp like fills my ears, though it snaps, "Won't all of you stop fighting, right now?" 

And that actually did it. My brothers stop all the fighting then saw my face, so they glance down. Will turns to a girl. "Thank you for your help." 

"I had siblings too. I know what it's like," she shrugs off, smiling. That's when my brothers and I look up at the girl who had a musical voice. She's an angel. Her curly brown locks, which were held back with a golden colored headband, flow to below her shoulders, and her fair skin is smooth and soft. Her lips are a kind of pale pink, and her eyes are milk chocolate brown. Her body was lean and has curves in all the right places. She wears a white button up shirt with a plaid skirt, and muddy brown boots. And that's when I realize she was the one for me... Wait, no, I can't be mated already. Well, technically, I could, but...I didn't want it now.  

I see the dreamy look in my brothers' eyes, as if she is their lifeline. Oh no...not again. Why did this have to happen in our family again?  

Lacey notices and blushes a little; how cute...no! Not cute. I could care less. She waves us off. "Well, I got to go. Bye Will." 

Will nods then she's gone, or just out of our sight. The eight of us murmur, "She's the one." 

We all glance at each other, surprised, and I sigh and state, "Looks like we're going to go through the exact same thing five years ago."

Lacey's pov: 

I quickly hurry out of the store after meeting that Will and his brothers. They were so...drop dead gorgeous. Absolutely no joke about it.  

I get back to my apartment with one of my old friends, Sydney. She's a twenty-year-old girl with blonde hair that's almost white, green eyes, tanned skin, and super model skinny body with great curves. She can be really nice, but she's such a whore; she brings a new guy to her room in the apartment almost every night. I would know; I can hear all of it from my room. 

Which it why I'm lying in bed trying to get at least some sleep. It doesn't work, at all. So I finally sigh heavily and get up for the day. I glance at the time to see I gotten about two hours of sleep since it was 5:42. I don't even bother to dress out of my grey shorts and maroon tank top, but I do grab my black over coat and knee high boots then walk on to the silence and serenity of the town park.  

It always calms my nerves when I need it. And boy, did I need it now more than ever. I mess with my bright green cell phone while walking and realize Hector, my recent ex-boyfriend, texted me saying: Hey forest beauty, wanna have some fun?  

I would text back to say back off, but I think it's just encouraging him. I never liked his nickname for me, 'forest beauty,' but he insisted on it when we were together...and after we broke up. He said my looks are like a forest; natural and beautiful, hence my nickname.