WLG: 22

Lacey's pov: 

I come out, like just emerging from a dark, unending freezing pool and gasp. I look up to see Darren, Diana, and my step mother looking down at me. I take in a deep breathe and sit up, rubbing my temples. Darren confides, "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah...I'm fine," I confirm, looking back up at him; he smiles, though a bit unconvinced. "Darren," Mr. Jacob begins, "We need to talk to Lacey." 

Darren nods and gets up reluctantly and leaves with one last glance at me; I smile at him, and he smiles back. I turn my attention back to my father, step mother, and Richmond parents. "Is there something you need to tell me?" 

"Yes. We've made some decisions," Fawn, the queen, my mother I guess, confirms. I nod once slowly, unsure of what to expect, though I know it won't be entirely good. I gulp, preparing for what they'll tell me next. Father continues, "You are to come back to the castle with us tonight, and for going out of line and knowing the consequences, you are not to see the Richmonds again unless absolutely necessary." 

"What?" I bellow as I stand up, fully aware. I glance at Mrs. Diana and Mr. Jacob, who stand off to the side and looking down at the floor. I glare back at father. "You can't do that!" 

"We can, and we are," Fawn defends, standing up next to father. I shake my head. "No. I won't go. The Richmonds are the best people on this earth; nay, these galaxies. I won't just leave them." 

"If you do not come with us, the Richmond will be casted out of the werewolf kingdom, and if any one of them tries to see you, they will pronounced threat rogue," father snaps back. I hold my breath as I freeze and eyes widen. I glance at Diana and Mr. Jacob again; they look panicked so they hadn't expect this. My eyes go back to see father's face deathly serious. I croak out, "You wouldn't." 

"I would and will if you behave like this any further," he affirms. I don't breathe out, just stare, wide eyed and panicked. I search his eyes for real truth...and I find it horribly easily; and I can tell I won't even get a goodbye. I can either leave all this and hope for the best, or I can ruin the Richmonds forever and have them loathe me. I cannot stand that. So I have to pick their lives over mine. I nod to father, and he grumbles back, "Be ready in five minutes. Don't look back." 

I nod again, and father and Fawn swiftly stride out. I stare down at my feet, suddenly interested in them. I know Diana and Mr. Jacob are still there and watching me as I fall back on the bed, burying my face in my hands, and start to shed the first tears. I feel three hands on my shoulders, rubbing them, and I look to see Diana with her two and Mr. Jacob with one. Mr. Jacob admits, "You...didn't have to do that, Lacey. We would have been fine as outcast..." 

"As long as we had you, Lacey," Diana finishes for him, since he is not the best at emotions. "Lacey, you are the best thing that has happened to this family in a long time. We may have many things, but it can be empty. When you came, that emptiness was filled. You can still change your mind." 

"No," I cry, shaking my head. "I couldn't do that to you. The king would have also done something far worse than just cast you lot out. I just couldn't let that happen." 

This reminds I have to go, and I start to gather my things, just shoving what comes across my hands. I remember I'm in my PJs, and so I change to leather jacket, plain grey t, blue jeans, and my old boots. I come out to see Diana and Mr. Jacob still there, looking as somber as ever.  

Despite what might happen later, I go to Diana and hug her tightly; I feel a couple tears from her fall on my cloths. I pull and turn to see Mr. Jacob ready, and he takes me into his arms, which caught me off guard but I accepted. I look at them one last time. "Tell all of them I'm so sorry and that I'll miss them so much. And tell..." 

"Darren that you love him?" Mr. Jacob suggests, his face amused. I stare at him in confusion, and he sighs. "Seeing how you just sacrificed your happiness for us and the king earlier...it made realize why you did all that. I understand now, and I remember what it's like to be young and in love." 

He kisses Diana's forehead as they wrap an arm around her. I smile. "Please tell him...I'll love him forever...and you lot too. Not the same way, but you know." 

They nod, smiling weakly with me, and I about to hug them again when I single knock comes. I turn to them, smile weakly, grab my bag, and head out. Immediately, Alexander and the king at my sides, blocking my view; I stare down at my feet so I don't have to see their pleading faces. I hear their voice call out, but I know better than to look up; plus, I feel the king's warning coming off of him. I'm outside in the cool moonlight when my bag is taken away from me, and I look for a second to see two more Volvos, midnight emerald and moon white, parked by the black one. I get in the black's back with Alexander as the queen and father take front.  

I don't look at any of them as they drive me away...but I allow myself to look up to the grand house. I see Darren's hurt and confused look, as well as the brothers, and Thane is already tearing up. Max and Sydney comforting each other and staring at my car. I see Edwin and Mary look a bit somber. Then I see Diana and Mr. Jacob staring off at us with sad eyes. 

My Richmonds are hurt. I had hurt them. I had caused them pain of loss, and I had managed to hurt myself at the same time. 

Maybe Darren was right after all. He should have never brought me into any of this. I should have never fell for the boys' charm. I should have never gave up on escaping that night. 

We only got hurt in the end. 

And yet...I can't bring myself to regret one thing. 

Times feels like it's passing, but I don't keep track of it. Eventually, I hear Alexander mumbles to me, "We're there."  

I glance at him, but I say nothing. I gaze out my window to find a...castle like a manor. (A/N: pic of the front and back on the side>>) It has white-light-grey stone walls, empty windows, balconies, grand wood doors, and perfectly green, trimmed hedges all around. Moon flowers and others of many colors bloom out of the bushes and set the night perfectly. The mansion reminds me of the Richmonds, only more grand and massive, but it doesn't have the warm welcoming sensations. It never will. 

For it my prison.