WLG: 16

Darren's pov: 

My brothers, sister, and I pull up in our usual parking spots when come into town, and we walk around, sniffing Lacey out, just in case. We get nothing. So we change to our wolves and reach more. I start to think of a plan about splitting up to find Lacey when Thane whispers to us, "It's Lacey!" 

Thane is peering out from trees when we all join her. Sure enough, Lacey is sitting curled up on park bench just in front of us; she has her head laid back, basking in the sunshine, and she's...smiling dreamily. What's happened to her? She was taken away against her will, and she's just sitting and smiling around? What happened?  

I quickly walk out, my siblings close to behind me, and I call out, "Lacey!" 

Lacey's head goes up and she's look to her right as she sees us approach. She smiles as she gets up to face us and brushes her jeans off. "Hello there." 

I stare her, as do my siblings. Does she not recognize us? How could that happen? "Don't you recognize us?" 

"Uh...should I? I mean, you seem familiar, but I'm kinda lost. Could you help me out?" 

"It's me, Darren. And Max, Vince, Will, Harvey, Lewis, Gunner, Ryder, and Thane." 

"Uh..." she looks likes she's thinking hard then shakes her head, shrugging. "Sorry, can't say I remember." 

"How can you not remember us? It's me, Thane, kiddo," Thane pleads, stepping up next to me. Lacey sighs, looking truly sorry. "I'm really sorry, but I can't remember." 

"Have you had amnesia?" Harvey asks. Lacey laughs a bit while shaking her head but then stops. "You know, when I think about it, I guess I hsve. That's funny since my fiancé had amnesia awhile back too." 

"Your fiancé?" Will slowly repeats quizzically. Lacey smiles dreamily. "Yeah...former Admiral Bryan Gatsby and he's the sweetest. What did you say your last name was?" 

"Gatsby?" all of us repeat, a little angered, and Lacey jumps back a little. "Uh, yeah, that's my fiancé. And you are?" 

"The Richmonds. Come on, Lacey, you have to remember us!" I plea. Lacey looks somewhere between annoyed and scared. "Listen up and listen good. I don't remember, okay? I tried, I'm sorry, I can't help you. And I don't take orders from strangers, alright?" 

"There you are!" Bryan calls, jogging up to Lacey. Lacey turns to him, smiles, and kisses his lips for a second before letting him sling an arm around her shoulder; I wince. Bryan looks up at us, and his smiles drops. "Lacey, who are these people?" 

"They say they're the Richmonds... They aren't the family friends I visited, are they?" 

"No, of course not. They moved, remember?" 

"Sadly, I can't remember most things these days." She laughs, and Bryan joins her but keeps an eye on us. We glare furiously at him. He did do something with Lacey, and he was going to pay. He starts to steer her away. "Come on, sweetheart. We have to go to our auditions...and I may have gotten your scores today." 

"No way," she squeals as she backs a step away from him. Bryan nods. "Perfect, as I thought; only missed two. And it looks your going to need your cape and gown for graduation." 

"Oh thank you, honey. I love you!" she exclaims before kissing him sweetly on the lips then embracing him as he twirls her around; I feel my heart drop. Then I see his smirk as he glares back at us. He knows he's won. For now. 

I hear Thane sniffle and turn to see her wiping her eyes with her sleeve. I pull her into a hug, and she croaks out, "How can she not remember us? Remember me? And how can she love him?"