WLG: 3

Lacey's pov: 

"Okay, when you said 'to our den,' I didn't know you would mean it literally," I tell Ryder and Vince while Darren waits for the others. Ryder laughs; it's so cute on him. "Don't worry; this is just a cover up. Our real home is just through this tunnel." 

"Why do you have a cover up?" 

"So hunters and regular, nosy people can't find our pack," Vince answers as if it's the most obvious thing in the world; probably is. I just didn't think. 

The other car pulls up, and the last five guys are rushing out; they were all groaning and taking deep inhales of the crisp night air while giving one brother, whose cheeks are red with either anger or embarrassment, annoyed looks. The guy that had been behind me before tells Darren, "Next time, Gunner rides with you. I'm sick and tired of his gastrointestinal problems stinking up the car." 

"Hey! I can hear you," complains the brother that was getting annoyed looks, Gunner. Darren smirks knowingly. "Well I'm the eldest here, Maximus, and that means you have to listen to me." 

"Stop calling me by full name and start calling me Max," Max snarls at Darren, whose unfazed by his brother and walks to the tunnel entrance; Max and Gunner follow him. The others came up to me, but I just glare. "Hey," Will greets; I just glare at him. "I'm Harvey and this is Lewis," the brother with nice, sweeping business like hair introduced. I barely smile at them. 

Now that I'm really looking, I can see how they're all brother, practically twins. Or I guess they'd be called by what you would call eight brothers at the same times. All but two, who had blonde hair, have soft brown hair, but the style of hair varies. All of them did have crystal pool blue eyes that you could swim. It was like their were eight twins. Each of their skin is tan but not a whole lot but tanner than me, and they're all about the same height of over six foot, at least; Lewis and Ryder are only about a couple inches taller than I am. But seriously, besides hair, they look similar he same with their strong jaws, nice cheekbones, broad shoulder, fit bodies, and just plain drop-dead-gorgeous looks.  

Darren, Max, and Gunner had vanished into the tunnel with Harvey and Lewis right behind them. Will takes my hand and leads me through while Vince was behind us; I have to crouch, making me the human question mark, while Vince, Will, and the others pad swiftly in their wolf forms. Only the sound of our footsteps against the dirt tunnels echoed, and soon enough, we were back in the moonlight. 

My breath was taken away from me before the beautiful scenery. It was like stepping into a magical garden filled with green plants scattered everywhere, towering trees, small animals of all kinds, and captivating, bright flowers blooming everywhere you turned; we walked on a crushed white rock path to the house. The Victorian farmhouse design perfectly expresses a luxurious yet casualty, which I could very well see these boys in. The sculptural facade and expansive verandas create an image of comfort and a warm welcome with the white and the cool grey (with a slight green look) wood building the house tall and proud. Windows of different shapes stare out at us with a black shine, and I could see a covered porch on the left side of the house that must lead into the house. Some windows pop out near the roof, making think there are rooms up there. But what stranger really knew what was behind every window of the house? 

A butler opens the door for us; Darren and Max walk by with no glance what so ever. The butler smiles at Will, me, and the others as we stop. "Masters...and guest? Oh, what are you boys up to now?" 

"Not completely sure, Edwin," Vince replies, gazing after his oldest brothers. "All Darren's idea. Plus, we kinda had a hasty retreat." 

"No thanks to Lacey here," Gunner adds; his voice was a bit harsh but rather amused at the same time. I glare at him. "Hey, I didn't volunteer for this. You dragged me into this...almost literally."