Chapter 42

"I want you to paint the second room to the left on the second floor." He said. I grinned at him.

That's my room.

I chuckled.
"Ok, Lorenzo." I said, before shooting another smile his way. I was about to turn around and leave when he stopped me.

"By the way, Damon's coming for dinner." He said.

I visibly paled. I don't want to face Damon now.

I flopped down on a chair before his desk.
"Did you tell him?" I asked, quietly, leaning forward. Lorenzo shook his head.

"Ashton did."

"How did Ashton know?" I asked, confused.

"You don't remember? He brought you home last night." He said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'm a forgetful drunk, I guess." I laughed, nervously.

"I'm warning you before. Damon's quite angry." He said, before adding. "He doesn't know about the tattoos."

I sent a pleading look his way.

"Yet." He finished.

"Please don't tell him, Lorenzo. I'll tell him myself, someday." I pleaded.

"I can't do that. He's your brother. He's probably closer to you, compared to me. He was literally your parent for whatever time you spent together. He needs to know such things." Lorenzo said, firmly, not leaving room for negotiation.

I pouted.
"And we both know, you won't be able to lie to him or keep it a secret from him." He said.

Well, that was true. I don't think I can keep a secret when he's around me.

"Okay." I mumbled, in a defeated tone.

"Don't worry. He's your big bro. He can't be angry at you for too long."

"That's the problem. He's big bro. He'll put me in a freaking timeout." I said, putting my head on the desk.

He chuckled.
"That's up to him to decide."

I groaned in response.
"Can't I go to Eliza's today?" I muttered not wanting to face big bro.

"No. You're grounded." He said, before offering. "If you're that scared, I can try to reduce your punishment, if you tell him about the tattoos and piercing yourself."

"Ugh. I'm dead both ways." I said. He chuckled. We sat in silence for some time.

"Where were you, this afternoon?" I asked, lifting my head up.

"I was gone to get that bitch." He gritted. My breathing quickened.

"Did you get him?" I asked, with hope and a wicked tone to my voice.

My hope vanished when Lorenzo shook his head.

"He ran away, before I could reach him." He said. "But he can't run forever."

"How did he know?" I asked.

"Everyone has connections in the illegal world, Angel. He got the news quicker than we expected. The audacity of that jerk to ruin my sister's childhood, then show up at my house." He was practically shaking with rage.

"Calm down, Lorenzo." I said, softly.

"He can be very useful. We can't kill him. We can get information about their boss from him." I reasoned. Lorenzo nodded.

"Chris and Maria aren't saying anything. We've tried everything." He sighed. "I've never felt so powerless before."

"You have your own place in the mafia world, Lorenzo. Don't stress about it. Its the person, who is sitting in the dark and doing such things. He's powerless." I said. We fell silent again.