Chapter 23

"Hey!!" I heard a female voice exclaim.

"Hey Sarah." I said. She walked closer and sat beside me.

"So? How's it going?" She asked.

"It's great." I answered honestly. Lorenzo has invited so many people just to introduce me.

"Amelia." Mason called out. I looked at him. "Lorenzo wants you to meet someone."

"I'll be right back." I told Sarah and followed Mason to the Living room.

"Meet Adrian Ivanov. You'll see him quite often. He's our ally, the ex-capo of the russian mafia." I nodded at him and extended my hand forward.

"Amelia Costello." I said in a firm voice, shaking his hand. He was a middle aged man who looked too kind to be in the mafia.

"Of course, Everyone knows the princess." He bowed a little. "You can call me Uncle Adrian. Well, that's what your siblings and cousins call me."

"She hasn't met the cousins yet." Lorenzo informed him.

I have cousins?
Of course.

"I'll see you around, little Costello." He said as I started moving back to the kitchen.

"SHUT UP!" I heard as soon as I entered the kitchen. That is definitely Jace.

I saw Jace clenching and unclenching his fists and glaring at the girl standing before him. I didn't know Sarah was so daring.

"Why should I?" Sarah said, looking at her nails with her arms crossed and one hand raised to her face.

"Because I told you to." Jace growled.

"It's not like I ever did what you told me to do." She shrugged.

"You're testing my patience, Sarah." He said, clenching his jaw.

"I could say the same. In fact, I'd suggest, you stop getting on my nerves. I'll be so sad if my nails get ruined. I had a manicure just yesterday." She said, smirking at Jace.

'Interesting.' I thought, nodding my head and looking at her with an impressed look.

That's my other bestie right there.

"You wanna scratch me now, huh?" Jace teased, moving forward towards her with a smirk on his face.

"No. Actually I'm thinking of clawing your stomach and pulling your guts out. How does that sound?" She said that deadly threat in such a sweet tone, I couldn't even believe she just threatened him.

"Ugh. You're crazy." Jace said before stalking off.

Did I mention I love badass girls?
I was talking about these girls, who rule the place.

What a queen!

That's all because she argued with Jace and pissed him off.

"Why are you standing here, staring at Sarah?" I heard an all too familiar voice ask.

"I didn't know you were interested in girls." Daniel said.

"I can swing both ways." I winked. It was joke. I'm straight. He gaped at me with his eyes wide and jaw dropped to the floor, clearly not expecting the answer.

"That's nice." He said as he gained composure. "I just go one way." He chuckled.

"When are you gonna come out to everyone?" I asked, slightly concerned what could make Daniel hide his sexuality. I doubt he's afraid of something.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "I'm kinda scared what they would think."

"I know there's something more." I said. He looked down and just sighed.