Chapter 12

"I swear I noticed something." Someone said.

"Boss will not be happy if he finds us inside." Person two said.

"He'll not be happy if there are intruders inside and when he knows we didn't do anything, even after being suspicious about it." Person one said.

I heard a phone vibrate. There was silence for about thirty seconds.

Suddenly, I was standing with the two guys, the guards to be exact, grabbing my upper arms.

The cameras.

"We got her." One said into the phone.

They dragged me somewhere. They stopped when I heard footsteps that didn't belong to the three of us.

I looked up and what the actual eff.

A big, muscular man walked out of a room dressed in a white dress shirt and blue pants.

Everything changed, he used to have muscles but not these big and he had a beard now.  But his sharp, hazel eyes were the same as he flicked his gaze from the guards to me then back at the guards.

"She sneaked in." One of the guys told him. He looked at me with his sharp gaze, almost scaring me. Almost.

"We don't know why." The other said.

"To the basement." The boss or should I say Damon ordered. The guards bowed their heads and stepped back a little, jerking me backwards.

I kept staring at him as he stared back. He's changed so much. I've changed too but I went through teenage, he was already an adult when he left.

He turned around and started walking.

"Big bro?" I said, my voice small and shaky.

THIRD POV.

Damon stopped abruptly and turned around to look at the girl, his eyebrows furrowed. His jaw clenched as he started taking long strides towards her. He stalked towards her and bent down to her level.

"You do not call me that." He gritted with so much anger, it scared her a little.

No one could call him that. But this girl had just opened a memory in Damon's mind, which pained him the most.

He was trying his hardest to get her custody. He hasn't seen her in years.

Before he gave anything away, he turned back around, looking like he was in pain, which didn't go unnoticed by Amelia.

"I'm Ava!" She shouted behind him.

His hands curled into fists as he stood there with his back towards them. He turned around to look into her eyes.

She was not. She didn't even have the same eyes.

"You're not." He said, feeling like he's gonna cry any second now. He felt a heavy weight on his chest.

"Yes I am." She struggled to raise her hands to her head and tugged at her blonde hair. Damon watched as the hair slipped, revealing the beautiful brown hair.

He was getting angrier by now. This better not be a joke now. Because if it turned out she lied, he'll kill her without questioning her and knowing why she sneaked into his house.

Her finger went to her eyes as she got the contacts out revealing the blue eyes, he always used to admire.

It felt like someone pulled the floor from beneath him.

She finally got out of there. He could finally have her with him forever. His little angel. He felt helpless but relieved.

He stood there too shocked to comprehend what was happening. He waved his hand at the guards to dismiss them. Immediately, they let go of Amelia's arms and left.