surprise

Asami left for work in a hurry. She had multiple meetings and she was going to be late. But when she left she forgot korra's see you later kiss.

When korra woke up she felt like something was missing. She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth a noticed something not there.

Usually when asami has to leave before korra wakes up she would kiss her forehead. But there was no lipstick marks anywhere on her.

After a second of thought korra realized it. Asami forgot the morning kiss. She got dressed and headed downstairs. The best idea she ever had came to her.

What if she...(that would kinda spoil the ending so I had to leave it out)

Korra left the house and went to the nearby store. She picked up paint,glue glitter and some confetti. While jogging back she saw a sale on banners and bought a blank one.

As she sat on the floor working on the banner with the paint, glue and glitter she smirked. This one would be real a funny today. She used her air bending to hang it and turned off the lights. She even closed the windows just for extra darkness.

She held the confetti and sat beside the door. Turns out that playing with your fingers in the dark really made time go by.

She heard keys in the door and sat up. She unscrewed the can and sat perfectly still. When the door opened light from outside came pouring in. Asami called out to see where korra was.

"Korra?" She got no response so she turned on the lights.

Korra gave a light shout and threw the confetti. It landed in Asami's hair and made the dark haired women jump. She looked at korra who kissed her.

"That's for forgetting the good morning kiss"

She gave her another and booped her on the nose. "And that makes up for it"

The engineer giggled and let korra pull her back upstairs. Luckily on the way back she was able to get most of the confetti out of her hair before korra pulled her down to the bed.

Korra nuzzled her head under Asami's and laid her ear on her chest. The calming heartbeat made korra's heartrate sync up with her's. They laid together for the rest of the day just sitting and enjoying the others company.