ch 7

Korra woke up feeling cold. At first she thought the window was open but everything was right where she left it.

Asami wasn't there. All she remembered was her kissing her forehead and saying something about her study. After a few seconds she got up and headed down the hallway.

When she got there she saw asami laying her head on the desk asleep. She walked over and gently picked her up. When she was walking asami stirred and looked up.

"Korra?"

Said girl kissed her on the nose and kept walking while humming a song.
Korra never really sang so this was a bit odd.

"What are you humming?"

Instead of answering korra started singing out loud for her to hear.

let's go in the garden you'll find something waiting

Asami started to relax and laid her head on the avatar's shoulder. Her eyes closed but she stayed awake just to hear her. Korra sat down on their bed and held the engineer close.

Right there where you left it lying upside down. When you finally find it you'll see how it's faded. The underside is lighter when you turn it around.

Asami was reminded of her mother in that moment. She felt like she was being cradled in her arms after having a bad dream. It made asami think about having kids herself.

She knew korra would be okay with it but never said anything about it to her. All of this made her even sleepier as her whole body relaxed and learned into the odd hug.

Everything stays right where you left it~ everything stays but it still changes ever so slightly daily and nightly in little ways when everything stays~

Before she even knew it asami was back off to dreamland. Having visions of korra and little kids with their faces. Bending and helping her with engines.