Chapter 15

ANIK'S POV:

Anik wondered through the winding tunnel he chosen to go in. Not his smartest because it felt like he was going in circles. He made a mark on the wall so if he came across it later, he'd know he was going in circles.

But he didn't see the mark again.

Anik came to a room that seemed endless. "Well then," He said and continued forward but he bumped into nothing. He felt the air and a found a glass wall. "How?" He felt along the wall for a door or something. Behind the glass, a girl was standing there. He stopped to gawk at her for awhile before shaking his head. Focus. Tomai needs you. Focus. He thought and took a breath before calling to the girl.

"Hey, um, you wouldn't know how I can get out of this room?" He called. The girl pointed to the door he had came through, "No," He said looking back at the door, "I came through that way and I need to continue forward."

The girl moved up to the glass and Anik could see that he wasn't touching the ground at all, "Um...are you a ghost?"

The girl nods. I've been trapped here since they bulit this pyramid. A trapped soul with no hope unless a male freed me.

"Are...are you talking inside my mind?" He looked confused and she nods, "Your trapped here? Unless a male freed you...oh," He trailed off, remembering he was male and that he could possibly free her.

"Well today is your lucky day my fair maiden," He said as smoothly as he could, "Because I just so happen to be a male, so if you could just tell me how I free you..."

It's not that easy, She said, It takes the right mind and heart. Many have tried, and all failed. They seeked after fame and fortunes. The wealthy things of this world. I need a male who isn't after that. Someone after the greatest object anyone could recive.

"Which would be...?" He asked.

Love. She replied, I need a male who is after love from the one who loves him back. Who would die for her. But I can see your heart and mind. You are distracted by another's love and not one of your own. You can not free me.

Anik felt something. It was true. He wanted the love Tomai had for Kye, but towards him. This impossible crush kept him from turning back and leaving this quest. But he knew he couldn't get Tomai's love. He had accept that but he couldn't. He looked at the ghost girl, "What's your name?"

Name? My...my name? No one has bothered to ask. I...I can't remember. There was one name I really liked, Taylor. I think I'll call myself Taylor. I like that. I'll be Taylor!

Anik smikled, "Well Taylor mi'lady, I am Anik and I want to learn more about you."

Minutes that felt like hours passed of the two talking with each other, learning and laughing. Anik warmed up to the ghost girl Taylor. He wanted her to be free even after knowing her for about 10 minutes. "Taylor, how do I free you?"

She was silently. You have to...you have to... Oh Anik I couldn't ask you.

"Let me guess," He said, "I'd have to sacrafice my life so you can be alive again?" Taylor nods and covered her face. If the galss wasn't seperating them, Anik would have held her. "Taylor, is there another way?"

The death of the male's last love. She said.

"Oh." He said. He couldn't kill Tomai. He couldn't. But why did she need that stone? The one that turns immortals mortal...oh. "What if she was immortal and turned mortal? Would that count?"

What? Immortal...Kawit. That fate girl. She's here? That she-devil! She told me if I searched out only rishes I would end up like this! It's all her fault! Taylor exclaimed bitterly.

"You know...Tomai?" Anik asked.

That's what she calls herself now? Tomai? Urg I hate her! I hate her so...but she was right. She was right all along. She predicted you. She said a boy would come to save me in the way that wasn''t suppose to save me. Anik, you have to find that way!

"I will. I promise Taylor. I will free you somehow."