Chapter 5

Kye looked over at me and saw my discomfort. He leaned over and whispered, "You okay?"
I shook my head and clenched my stomach. How could I tell him? How could I break his heart by leaving him. I looked at him and I saw the worry on his face. I hugged him and closed my eyes. I felt him put his arms around me and held me.
Soon the movie was over and the credits rolled. I looked at Kye and he looked at me, "Just felt abit sick," I said, "The popcorn wasn't very good,"
He nods, "Yeah it did taste like cardboard."
We smiled and he lead me out of the theater. I sat down as he got me a water bottle. I drank the water but I still felt crappy. I didn't want to tell him, I wanted to be with him forever, but I knew I couldn't. I just couldn't.
Kye drove me to his house and we said good bye. I watched him go inside then I went to my cloud.
I layed on my back and groaned. I had to tell him soon, before it's too late. I don't know how he'll react and I don't know how to tell him. I wished I had someone to talk to about this. Not Majesty. She wouldn't understand.
Majesty is my boss, you could say. She pretty much raised me since I was a child. She made me immortal. She said I was born with my gift. Majesty sees all, knows all. She probably knows about Kye and I already. I'm sure she saw it coming. She's the one who gives me my calls. She's real nice but very stern.
I know she's just going to tell me to tell him the truth. And I have to. I can't stall. He will notice something's off with me sooner or later. I can't age. I'll be stuck as a sixteen year old forever until I tell him. So I decided I'll get him alone and tell him. Soon.

****

It's been a week since the movie theater and everytime I tried to talk to him alone, we were interputed. I tried so hard and it was very difficult.
But I got him alone in his house, his parents were out and it was just us. "Kye, I need to tell you something and it can't wait," I said. He nods, "There's something you need to know about me. Please don't freak out or hate me. I love you very much even though I've only known you for a month and a half.
"I came to your school just to tell you something. I have this power to see one's fate and I go around finding the people who need hope and give it to them. I tell them that their lives will get better. That's my job and I've been doing it for millions, maybe billions, of years. I'm immortal. Each time I come down to Earth I change my looks, my name, age to fit in. I know I sound crazy but hear me out.
"I was told you would need my help, so I've been watching you from my cloud. I saw you with (name here) and saw how much you two loved each other. I waited a few weeks after she died before coming and you know the rest. "I'm not suppose to fall in love but I did. Kye, I love you and this is breaking my heart."
He nothing as I continued to explain to him then telling him his fate. He looked at me and I stopped talking. I could tell he was thinking about what I just told him. It was alot to take in, I know, but I had to tell him. After five minutes of us not talking, he spoke, "I'm going to help you."
"Huh?"
"I want to be with you, your amazing. So I'm not going to let you go. I do not accept my fate." He said.
Oh dear. If he doesn't accept his fate then I'm stuck. I know it sounds stupid. I'm suppose to tell them then leave, but when they really mean they don't accept, it means one thing.
Their going to change their fate.