Chapter 12: The girl who cried wolf

Holly bit on her nail anxiously as Shannon drove towards her house.

"SOooooooo, you're telling me that you've shagged Mr. Joyce?" Shannon said for the hundredth time, tapping her manicured nails on the steering wheel.

Shannon looked at Holly for an answer, oblivious to the beeping horns and angry drivers who were swerving to avoid her.

"Yes," Holy said, for the hundredth and first time.

Shannon looked back at the road, correcting her red mini coopers position on it.

"You could get arrested for that story if you told it enough, eventually someone will believe you like!" Shannon blurted eventually.

Holly rolled her eyes, annoyed that she didn't believe her.

"Shannon I swear I'm telling the truth!" She repeated, mimicking earlier begs of belief.

Shannon stomped on the breaks, sending them both flying towards the windscreen before throwing them back into their seats. The echo of screeching tires and horns went off again.

"Shut UP! Seriously?! How was it? Does he like you? Are you dating? Do you like him? Were you in his house, everything! Tell me EVERYTHING!"

Holly relaxed her muscles, still tensed from the sudden change of speed.

"Yes, I was trying to tell you! And it has been amazing, and I should hope he likes me and yes we are officially dating for two weeks now and.... what else did you ask me?" she said, matching shannons earlier speedy.

"What's his house like and do you really "L" him?" shannon said, staring at her face for a reaction.

"Oh yeah, his house is AMAZING! It's this quaint little cottage just outside the city and he has a Spanish Mexican cleaning lady too!" Holly said, before fixing her eyes on the main road again, avoiding Shannons stare.

Shannon narrowed her eyes at Holly, noticing she hadn't answered the important question.

"So you love him don't you?" Shannon said, a smile creeping up on her face.

Holly bit on her thumb nail again, looking down at it as she chipped off her red nail polish.

"Yeah, kind of. I mean, I think so?"

Shannon squealed, jumping in her seat and clapping her hands for joy.

"WE SHOULD GO ON A DOUBLE DATE!"

Holly laughed, as if! Imagine bringing her boyfriend to a public place with her best friend and her boyfriend! They'd be seen and that's when shit gets real.

"I don't have that kind of luxury Shan, I can't just bring my boyfriend anywhere I want because if we get caught he could lose his teaching licence and job and he could even be arrested! I'm not eighteen yet either so you can just imagine how much worse that makes all of this!" holly said, tears formulating in her eyes.

"Holly chills; nobody will notice him or recognise him because they won't be expecting to see him with you! BE GRAND!!!!" Shannon offered, knowing she hit a nerve.

"That's what you always say, right before everything goes horribly wrong!" Holly said, leaning her head on her hand, which was propped up by her elbow on the car door.

Shannon laughed, remembering when she had said that Holly would be grand on the slide in the park before she fell of it and sprained her wrist, and while she was down, some kid ran over and drank her coke. Priceless!

"If this goes wrong Holly, I'll fix it!" Shannon offered, peeking her head into Hollys line of view with a goofy smile on her face, trying to cheer her up.

Holly rolled her eyes, what could go wrong with this? HA!