Chapter 18: Past dreams and hopes

Holly walked home feeling like shit.

The rain pounded on her sopping hair and her mascara had run half way down her face, mixing with tears and rain.

The same thought went through her head again and again, "It was all my fault, I didn't want any of this to happen. I didn't want to get involved with him, it was just a hope of mine which I presumed would never happen. But it did. I didn't mean to get caught. But we did. And I most certainly did not intend to fall in love with Kieren. But it happened. I fell in love with my maths teacher, and now because of me nothing will ever be the same for him." She hated herself.

She decided to text him.

"I'm sorry :(," she said.

She didn't get a reply straight away, it took a few minutes for him to read it.

"It's my fault, I shouldn't have touched you," was all he said.

A string of tears erupted as she read the text, her heart simultaneously falling into the pit of her stomach and forming a lump in her throat on the way.

"Ok fine, fuck off so!" Was all she was able to say. She was angry as she stomped the letters into her phone.

The reply made her angry and sad all over again, "See you around Holly."

She threw her phone at the wet floor, not caring that her once precious iPhone was sitting, smashed in a pile of sky spit. She hated the world. She hated Kieren. She hated everything.

She picked up her phone again, shoving it deeply into her school pants pocket, slitting her finger on the shattered glass.

Storming home she ignored the blood on her hand and the mascara burning her eyes.

She just wanted to get into her cuddly onesie and cry with her favourite teddy bear with her favourite Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream.

She wasn't going to watch anything romantic, she was going to watch something gory and bloody. Supernatural should do.

The next day she woke up feeling like her mind was going to pour out of her ears. She looked down at her phone, checking to see what was going on in the snapchat world.

She had a new Snap, from someone she didn't recognise. She opened the snapchat and saw the picture, her heart pounding for the four seconds that it was available for.

It was a bunch of red roses and a box of chocolates. The words typed across the picture were, "call me when you get this, I'm sorry." She started to cry again, realising it was Kieren.

She called his number, having learnt it off by heart at one stage.

"What do you want," she commented bluntly.

"To apologise," he said leaving her silent, "I was angry yesterday. I never meant what I said. I love you Holly, and nothing we ever had could be replaced by anyone."

Tears began to roll again.

"You still said it, and it upset me..." she said, her voice having calmed, but you could still hear it tremble.

"I know, and that's why I've been parked outside your house since I realised what I had done. I've been here all night," he said, a yawn on the tip of his tongue.

She got up out of bed and peeked out the curtain. Sure enough, there he was.

"I love you holly,"he said, and she could see him looking it at her as he said it.

She sighed in relief, "I love you too."

He smiled from inside the car, looking up at her excitedly.

"Come down to me?" He asked.

"Ok," she said, hanging up as she smiled at her smashed phone.

She got up, galloped down the stairs to the front door, opened it and stepping into the frostbitten world of the outside.

He had gotten out of the car, leaning against it and looking rather tired.

She walked up to him, realising too late that she was still in her fluffy pyjamas.

"Nice jamies," he laughed, looking her up and down.

She folded her arms, attempting to give shape to her supportless boobs.

He took her hands, unfolding them slowing but still facing her, still staring at her eyes.

"I love you Holly," he said, pulling her into him.

She smiled, raising on my tippy toes and kissing him softly.

"I love you too Kieren," she said, kissing him back. He smiled against her kiss.

"I don't want to teach anymore, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I will literally fry burgers for the rest of my life if I have to. I'm not giving you up Holly..." He said, his breath running face against her.

"I'm not letting you Kieren, I'm not letting you.."

He bent down, kissing her neck as he hugged her tightly against him.

She believed him, they would always be together, and nobody could tear them apart.