Chapter 6: What's in a name?

Holly put back on her clothing while Mr.Joyce did the same. They sat in the car, squirming to shimmy pants back on and almost slapping each other in the face to put on their shirts.

"I need a fag" he said, after all his clothes were securely back on.

Holly looked at him, bewilderment all over her.

"You smoke?!" she blurted, astonished.

She asked the obvious question and was rewarded with a sarcastic answer.

"No?" he laughed.

She laughed too, realising it had been a stupid question.

"I'll have one so too." she said.

It was Mr. Joyce's turn to look bewildered.

"Do you smoke?!" he said, staring straight at her as she pulled out a box of Benson and Hedges cigarettes from her school bag.

Holly giggled, tempted to answer with the same sarcasm he had answered with. "Fight the urge Holly, fight it!" she thought.

"Yes" she said, trying to keep herself from laughing.

He laughed a single deep laugh and lead her outside the car to a wooden swing (one of those ones that your parents always say they want, and you can imagine two old people holding hands on it as they die peacefully in each others arms ). It was outside Mr. Joyce's cottage. They both sparked up as they sat on the swing..

"Fierce posh with your benson aren't ya!" he said, laughing.

Holly smirked at him, taking a long pull and feeling her head grow lighter. He copied her, not quite feeling the same sensation that she was.

"How long have you smoked?" he asked.

Holly thought to herself, internally counting her fingers. A huge bellowing laugh made her lose count.

"What?" she said, snapping her head to look at him with fierce brown, almost angry eyes.

She couldn't help but laugh with him, he had one of those contagious laughs where you weren't given any choice.

"You were counting your fingers?" he asked, between breaths of laughter.

Holly blushed bright red, realising she hadn't been internally counting, but actually using her fingers.

"Yeah," she confessed, still laughing lightly.

"No wonder you're failing my class then!" he laughed, not even trying to hide his pure ecstasy.

He kept laughing at her when she punched him in the arm and he barely flinched. Damn muscles, she thought, annoyed that they didn't have the strength to inflict any real pain. She threw the butt of her fag away before lighting another.

"Chain smoker too Holly?" he said, giving her a sideways look.

He was judging her while he hypocritically light his second cigarette too.

"I'll report you to the principal for smoking in your uniform!" he said, looking at her awkwardly buttoned school shirt.

He undid her top button on her shirt, having a little view of her cleavage again. She shivered and re-buttoned it.

"I report you for screwing me in my uniform!" she said, pretending it was a cough,

He narrowed his eyes at her.

"You wouldn't. Anyway, it's not like you were wearing it when I fucked you!" he said, a devilish smile raising on his face. Holly, being Holly of course, stuck her tongue out at him. She didn't care how childish she looked.

"Just get inside Ms. Holly Dunne!" He stood up off the swing and put a hand out to her. She stood up and he took hold of her shoulders, throwing away the end of her fag for her and lead her inside. He opened the door without unlocking it.

"Do you just leave your door open all the time?" Holly said, gaping at him.

Mr. Joyce gave her an amused smile as he continued to lead her inside. She could feel his warm body pressed against her back.

"No, but my housekeeper does when she's here," he said, nonchalantly.

"How can you afford a housekeeper?!" she burst out.

Mr. Joyce turned her to face him, a serious look plastered on him.

"Do you watch top gear?" he asked, no hint of amusement or satire.

She laughed, as if it was obvious.

"Yes." she said, looking into his eyes to see where his line of questioning was going.

"Then you know about the stig, and how he is all anonymous and stuff?" he asked.

She nodded, thinking he wanted to keep his finances to himself.

"Yes." she said.

"To make a little cash on the side, I work on top gear as The Stig," his seriousness when he said it caused Holly to drop her jaw. She had had sex with the stig?!

"I'm joking Holly, jeez! You're way to gullible kid!" he laughed, almost snorting.

Kid?! He did not just call her kid?!

"Kid?!" she shouted in his face.

He put his hands on her shoulders again, leading her through the hall.

"Yes, Kid. You're not eighteen yet which makes you a kid." he said, matter-of-factly.

Again, and almost proving his point, Holly stuck out her tongue at him. He smiled, a genuine smile which reached his eyes. It sent waves of attacking butterflies into her stomach.

"Oh, Mister Kieren! Oh I sorry, you bring girl? She young, a student in your class?" a voice from an old fat lady came through from the bottom of the entrance hall that they were still standing in.

"sí, su nombre es Holly. Ella es una de mis estudiantes, pero también creo que es muy bella, pero no decirle que dijo que!" Mr. Joyce said, smoothly and with curling "r"'s.

Holly looked up at him, bewildered yet again by his perfect smile, and fluent Spanish! She also didn't have a clue what he had said! The fat old lady was smiling like a lunatic though so it must have been nice.

"Hallo Holly, my name Sophia. Do you want something to eat and drink?" Sophia said, a huge warm smile on her face. Her huge smile brought dimples to her wrinkled face.

"No, gracia!" Holly said, smiling back at the old lady.

Kieren Joyce looked down at her, panic spread across his face. Did she speak Spanish? Did she understand what he had said?!

"I will so leave you two alone. I am finished. Goodbye mister Kieren, goodbye miss Holly." Sophia said, and with a flourish, took off her apron in a foul swoop.

"Bye Sophia"

Both Holly and Kieren said goodbye at the same time. The little old lady waved at the door, closing it behind her.

"By the way, my name is Kieren." Mr. Joyce said, turning Holly around in his arms so that he was facing him again.

Holly burst out laughing.

"Sir, I've known that since like first year?" she spat, still laughing.

Confused, Kieren looked into her eyes, as if they held the key to her knowledge.

"You were in fifth year when I started teaching Holly," he said, bewildered.

Holly shrugged her shoulders, letting them fall down again heavily.

"Pfft, I've still known you were Kieren since first year!" she lied.

Kieren rolled his eyes and bit his bottom lip before grabbing her waist and pulling her on-top of him as he deliberately fell onto the couch.