Chapter 25: One Shall Stand

The two sides charge at one another, intent on putting the other out for good, and Taiki makes the first move as he pulls out his sword and immediately goes for a slam attack that nearly sends Gold flying.

"Watch yourselves!" Gold calls out as Ghost emerges to do some handiwork himself, blasting Spe-7 with red lasers.

"Take THIS!" Spe-7 shouts as she conjures up an arc spear and takes jabs at Taiki. He dodges them to the best of his ability but he does take a hit or two- and those hits are all it takes for the equine hunter to start chaining. "You're going down!" She yells as her arc spear fizzles out and she finishes her combo with a powerful kick that sends Taiki flying. He doesn't say a word and his eyes remain black as ever as he retaliates with a corrupted bow and arrow. The arrowheads make a terrifying howl as they fly through the air and they proceed to explode upon impact- and one of the arrows manages to hit Spe-7 dead on, knocking her to the ground. "OOF!"

"SPE-CHAN!" Suzuka shouts as she charges forth with her sword and clashes with Taiki. The two go at it for a few minutes, not letting either one gain the edge, but Taiki quickly ends the clash with a punch that floors the equine warlock, and he pulls out his corrupted hand cannon once more. Suzuka just barely avoids the shots fired and she retaliates with Thorn. Neither one can land a hit and the two take cover using the rubble scattered all over the battlefield, and Taiki raises his hand high, summoning a strange red orb.

"What is that?!" Gold asks as Taiki throws the orb and summons a group of nightmare scorn.

"We are one with the darkness..." Ghost says. "We are one with the nightmares."

"We got more incoming!" Spe-7 shouts as another nightmare orb is thrown and a group of nightmare Fallen are ushered forth. "Suzuka! Focus on Taiki! We got the nightmares!"

"Right!" Suzuka calls out as she charges at Taiki and Gold and Spe-7 move in against the nightmares. These phantoms find themselves outgunned and outmatched as Gold proceeds to summon her blazing anchor and mop the floor with them, burning many of the nightmares to a crisp and leaving others open to shotgun blasts from Spe-7, and with every punch Gold throws she charges up her gauntlets.

"Keep it up! We're going to weaken him at some point!" Gold shouts as Taiki summons a nightmare abomination and it starts throwing lightning everywhere. "Not! Look out!"

"Yikes!" Spe-7 shouts as she avoids a blast and switches her energy out for stasis and Gold does the same. Suzuka on the other hand is struggling against the fallen exo- even a nova punch only sends him flying, and with no way to land a direct hit on Ghost he keeps getting back up. "What the hell..." She grumbles as she summons her icy scythe and throws it at the abomination. The frozen weapon sticks into what's left of the phantom's head and with a snap of her fingers the scythe explodes, covering the nightmare abomination with icy shards and Gold charges forth, covering one of her hands in an icy gauntlet and punching the abomination so hard that it goes flying into Taiki, knocking him down before the abomination dissipates.

"How is he still fighting?!" Gold asks, coming close to out of breath. Suzuka quickly switches to stasis to try and freeze Taiki in place, but it's too late.

"You don't know the true power of the darkness..." Ghost says evilly as he fires more lasers and Taiki proceeds to encase his arms in dark tendrils. Every punch of the ground makes the dark roots erupt from the ground, and one of them sends Gold flying into the air before she hits the ground, unconscious.

"GOLD SHIP-SAN!" Spe-7 screams, but another dark tendril snags her ankle and it proceeds to rise up higher from the ground before slamming her on the ground multiple times like a ragdoll. When the root sinks back into the ground the equine hunter is left in an unconscious heap.

"SPE-CHAN!" Suzuka shouts.

"It is futile to resist." Ghost says. "You will join us... You will become one with the darkness... Just like we have..." And with that Taiki aims with his corrupted hand cannon and fires...

"WHOA!" Suzuka shouts as she tries to dodge, and the bullet seems to hit it's mark as the equine warlock falls to the ground, but as Taiki and Ghost close in Fang doesn't emerge.

"Could it possibly be?" Ghost asks, but Suzuka proceeds to sweep Taiki to the ground and she quickly whips out Thorn, firing from the hip and hitting Ghost dead on. He begins glowing with a strange green aura as the thorn stuck inside him drains him of his power, and it's not long before Ghost drops to the ground, lifeless and unable to revive Taiki. When Suzuka finally gets up it's revealed that the shot from Taiki's hand cannon did not even penetrate her- instead it has cracked her helmet, revealing one eye that's bleeding, and she channels the darkness within her to summon her icy gauntlets!

"This one's for you Taiki! HAAAAAAH!" Suzuka screams as she charges forth and begins wailing away on the fallen exo before grabbing tight. The ice quickly does it's work, freezing Taiki into an exo Popsicle, but as the ice reaches his head, Taiki's eyes slowly begin glowing. "Taiki?!"

"...Suzuka..." Taiki says weakly. "I'm sorry... Please... Forgive me for what I have done..." Remembering the promise that they made, Suzuka closes her eyes, aims with her hand cannon, and fires.