Chapter 6: Right In The Pride

"This power flows strongly within you." Variks says. "It scares me..."

"I promise that I won't end up like Taiki, I won't fall to this new power." Suzuka replies.

"Even then the darkness kinda took it away for the moment." Gold says. "So where do we begin on House Salvation?"

"You need to take out the elites, one by one. You should start with Phylaks, The Warrior." Variks replies. "She was the one that nearly exterminated you back at Riis-Reborn." Insect like chattering can be heard.

"So do we just go and find her?" Spe-7 asks.

"You do not just go and search for House Salvation, yeees? You have to draw them out, convince them to come out and fight because if you don't, you may never find them." Variks replies. "Go to Eventide, where you last encountered Phylaks, convince them to tell you where she is, preferably with lethal force yeees?"

"I'll go and do it." Gold says as the trio heads out of the nexus. "I'm gonna have fun with this." And with that Gold hops onto her sparrow and she zooms off, presumably to the Eventide ruins, and the cries of horrified Fallen can be heard along with Gold's maniacal screams. Machine gun shots can also be heard along with the sounds of multiple explosions, and it's not long before Gold returns, covered in Fallen blood and ether.

"So did you find out where she is?" Spe-7 asks.

"I didn't find out much." Gold replies, and the equine hunter looks like she's going to do one of those anime faceplants. "But I did find out that they sometimes do patrols around the nexus. According to them Phylaks is trying to conquer this place by killing Vex so they're sending platoons. We destroy enough of those and she HAS to come out."

"And I think I see one out there right now!" Spe-7 calls out as she prepares her rocket launcher and aims it at an emerging platoon. The last thing everyone hears is a loud whump sound and the platoon can only look in horror as a rocket blasts them all to smithereens and sends those that survived a good ten feet into the air, subjecting them to a deadly drop. Another platoon emerges, this time sporting a heavier force consisting of a pair of captains, a group of vandals and a servitor. They're dropped off much closer to where the trio stands and Suzuka simply unsheathes her blade.

"Time to take these guys out!" Suzuka says as she goes to town with her blade, taking out the vandals first, and then going after the servitor. Once both are gone she focuses on the captains, wildly clashing blades with them, but they are no match for her tenacity and they quickly find themselves missing a head. Yet another platoon drops in and Gold brings out her machine gun once more.

"Die you fascist pigs!" Gold shouts as she begins to mow down the platoon, gunning them before they can even shoot back. Those that can retaliate charge, but they're quickly put down with a few good punches and kicks, and Gold realizes that her gauntlets are charging up with a strange energy. "What's this?" She finds out as a dreg punches her and the energy is released, exploding like a grenade and eviscerating the poor sap that dared to punch the equine titan- and Gold is completely unscathed. "Well... That was something..."

"Guardians, there is a powerful platoon on patrol." Variks says over the comms. "Be on the lookout, your ticket to Phylaks is near." And with that a large group of skiffs comes out of hiding, floating near an area just outside of the nexus.

"This should be easy!" Gold laughs as a large group of Fallen jump out of the skiffs. She slowly begins to eat her words though as two lasers hit the ground, and two gigantic brigs come crashing to the ground. "...Not..."

"You jinxed it!" Spe-7 says as the brigs immediately turn to the trio and begin to target them. "They're targeting us! Split up!" And with that the trio bolts off in different directions, confusing the brigs as they try to pick someone to shoot. "Let's pick off the little guys! Those brigs can't possibly hit us from here!"

"Right!" Gold says as she brings out her bow and begins picking off the dregs and vandals from afar. One by one the small fry get their heads popped off and the brigs continue to wander, trying to find the source from what little scouting range they've been given, and Spe-7 temporarily switches her energy to solar.

"This is gonna be fun!" Spe-7 shouts. "Time to make Cayde proud!" And with that she charges forward and unleashes all of her solar energy, forming the famous golden gun in her hands and slamfiring away at the brigs, taking three shots to blow the face off of the first and three more to blow off the second. With the brigs wide open to attack Spe-7 then switches her energy back to arc, allowing Gold to rush in and summon her flaming anchor. Once the brigs have been fried to a crisp an exceptionally large captain emerges and it eyes Suzuka with murder in it's eyes.

"I think that's the leader!" Suzuka says. "I got this one!" And with that she charges up her void energy, preparing for a powerful nova punch, and the captain makes the first move, attempting to decapitate the equine warlock. She quickly dodges though, and she lands the deadly punch- right in the captain's nether regions... With a mighty explosion the captain goes to pieces and a new message is transferred through Fang, one that the trio quickly capitalizes on.