Chapter 5: Getting Your Feet Wet

"The House of Salvation has gone out on patrol it seems..." Variks mumbles as he slowly joins the three guardians in watching the battle unfold.

"Wait... Is that Drifter and Eris?!" Spe-7 asks. "And using stasis?!"

"That's what it would seem like to me." Suzuka replies as she notices Drifter throwing a grenade and creating a gigantic wall of ice to block off the Salvation Fallen while Eris levitates her rock and bludgeons them to death. Meanwhile a new person is seen making great use of her stasis powers, slamming the ground with her fist and creating a line of stasis crystals that freeze any unlucky Fallen before charging through and shattering them along with the frozen enemies. In a matter of minutes the Fallen are cleared out and the new person looks to the three guardians. She looks like an exo and she sports a mostly blue outfit complete with hood.

"And there they are." She says as Drifter and Eris join her.

"What are you all doing here?" Spe-7 asks.

"The same reason you guys are here." The exo girl replies. "You can call me Elsie. We're here because we were made aware that the young wolf has fallen to the darkness."

"The young wolf?" Gold asks.

"That's your friend we're referring to." Elsie replies.

"You mean Taiki?" Gold asks again and Elsie simply nods in response.

"You see that giant ziggarut over there?" Elsie says.

"In short we can no longer only rely on the light." Drifter replies. "To beat thy enemy is to know thy enemy so they say."

"Wait wait wait wait wait you're telling me we're going to be using darkness?!" Spe-7 asks.

"Well... One of you." Elsie replies. "See, to even be able to use stasis, which you have already gotten a taste of, you need one of these." She produces a tiny version of the giant cruxes that Suzuka and the others kept seeing around Europa, and Variks looks in shock.

"I've been looking for that!" Variks says.

"Well, at least you'll know it's in better hands than those of House Salvation." Elsie replies. "So, who will be the one to wield stasis here? There's only one splinter." Spe-7 fidgets, twiddling her fingers.

"I don't know... What if this corrupts me...? I don't want to end up like Taiki." Spe-7 mumbles.

"I'm on the same boat as you Spe-chan..." Gold says, but Suzuka musters her strength and steps forward, gently extending her hand.

"Then I'll take it." Suzuka says confidently.

"Very well." Elsie replies as she hands Suzuka the splinter. "Head over there and begin your work. You two can follow." And with that the trio heads to the ziggarut and Suzuka ascends the stairs leading to four stasis sealed cruxes. Splinter in hand she carefully extends her arm and the first stasis sealed crux begins interacting, filling Suzuka with a strange chill- one that seems almost pleasurable like an autumn breeze. It then begins projecting an image to Suzuka, one of a strange nexus, and the image fades away.

"Where do we go now?" Gold asks.

"I know the way, follow me!" Suzuka replies as the trio whisk away on their sparrows and head off to wherever Suzuka needs to go. The trio eventually find themselves heading inside what appears to be a Vex-made step pyramid and just within there is a large crux, one that almost seems to call out to Suzuka.

"Suzuka-chan, are you sure this is okay?" Spe-7 asks.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay." Suzuka replies as she walks over to the crux. Once again extending her hand, the splinter then begins emanating a freezing gas, one that begins freezing Suzuka's arm!

"SUZUKA CHAN!" Spe-7 shouts as the ice quickly consumes the equine warlock completely, but then the ice begins shining and the equine warlock breaks free, empowered with stasis! A group of Vex emerges, attracted by the sudden power spike, and Suzuka eyes them murderously.

"Let's try out this new power!" Suzuka shouts as she channels this new dark energy and unleashes it, forming stasis gauntlets on her hands and unleashing flurries of stasis crystals from her hands that home in on the Vex. These instantly freeze the automatons upon contact and Suzuka proceeds to shatter them all by slamming her fists on the ground. She then takes to the skies, raining down stasis crystals on the approaching Vex, and then she dives, once more punching the ground and shattering all of the crystals. It's then that the gauntlets break, but Suzuka continues to make use of the dark abilities, creating a large ball of ice in her hand that she proceeds to throw like a grenade, and when it explodes it creates a large wall of ice just like how Drifter did against the Salvation Fallen.

"Whoa... She's so strong..." Spe-7 mumbles as Suzuka continues to wipe the floor with the Vex. Not finished she then proceeds to charge at some of the other Vex and performs a powerful flying kick that shatters an unlucky minotaur and freezes the goblins around it. Thanks to the presence of the crux her super energy recharges quickly and she creates her icy gauntlets once more, sending out flurries of crystals and freezing the Vex around her en masse. Once she's satisfied and every goblin, every hobgoblin, every minotaur and every hydra has been chilled to the core she slams the ground and it begins snowing as all of the frozen Vex shatter at once, and with that the crux begins calling to Suzuka once more. As she approaches the crux and shows the splinter Suzuka feels the dark powers sap away, leaving her with her light once more.

"That felt... Nauseating... In a good way." Suzuka says. "Let's report back to Elsie, she's gonna want to hear about this."