I Used To Know Her

Chris 

Today was my birthday and all I wanted to do was forget about the betrayal Aug and Aaliyah done to me, forget about her smile, her laugh, her jokes that only she thought was funny. Forget about the time we put in, the smell of breakfast coming from downstairs, her geeking on a song with me. Us taking pictures, the love we actually had for each other, waking up to her sleeping so peacefully next to me, the smell of her jasmine scent lotion and hair engulfing my senses when she's in my arms. The way she bites her lip when she's frustrated and her dimples show, how she hides her freckles with makeup, how she stares deep into your eyes when loves vibrates off the both of us. Kissing and touching every inch of her beautiful body, forget about the day that I proposed to her in front my family, shit forget about the day I met her at Trey's party. I remember when I first laid my eyes on her, she was wearing this red dress with a slit above her right knee that showed a tattoo of a humming bird on a flower with her grand mother's name in cursive. She was wearing my favorite color too and her hair was curly, as I was glancing at her the girl that I came with left, I didn't care though. It was this one piece of hair that for some reason bothered me so I was bold enough to go up to her and put that one piece behind her ear. That night we ended up talking until the sunrise, I knew right then and there I had to make her my girl.  I hate that he's the one to make her happy, he's having the life that I should've kept private then maybe we would have been planned our wedding, maybe I wouldn't have cheated on her if I knew that somebody was going take her from me that easy. Then again you can't hold onto somebody if you know they deserve better but it could've been anybody else. I told Aug everything, what if she only with him because she knows what I told him, he snitching. Nah I'm tripping he was with her when they were teenagers, so what she was mines for five years. Lately I been fighting myself in my head, I need to do something with myself. I woke up and saw it was night time, damn I really be sleeping my life away, it was real quiet in here. I got up and walked around the house to see nobody was here until I went out back to see a few of my niggas smoking. 

"You finally outta ya head and woke up outta ya beauty sleep?"-Keeis

"Right I mean its a million hoes out here to choose from"-Bobby Luv

"So what you ready to get into for ya birthday bro?"-Sinko

"I know what he ready to get into these bad lil thangs, aye ladies come show my bro some love its his birthday"-Mijo

"I don't know man"-Chris

"Oh hell nah get the drinks, play some music right quick lo, he ain't being the Breezy I know"-Bobby

"Bet pour up"-I said taking the whole bottle

I called everybody and told them to bring everybody because tonight was the night that I let go, I can't let just one female stop me from my life, let alone that one female being Aaliyah Neverson. Aaliyah I hate you but I fucking love you still, why did you choose him? 

"Aye where ever the bad bitches at Roddy comes too, Happy G Day my nigga"-Roddy

"Bro where you been at?"-Chris

I haven't seen Roddy since the day I brought Aaliyah from Atlanta, Roddy is her cousin on her father's side. Roddy was the type who didn't care about nothing you go through with his family he still showed you respect and love. He just was laying low because of some alleged charge he had over throwing some hoe phone because she was trying to get a picture of him without permission while he was out with his girl for her birthday. No doubt I'm glad we still cool because he always had my back.

"Shit you know me laying low, staying outta the way. Just up on these stocks I been trying to put you on"-Roddy

"That's what's up, you know I don't need no more money"-I said finally laughing