fourteen

THE SOUND OF AUDREY'S ALARM blared from her phone bouncing off the walls of lauren's room, awakening the two very hungover girls. groaning softly, audrey reached for her phone to turn off the alarm, before sitting up from lauren's bed and yawning, going through her messages while waiting for her best friend to wake up.

at least half of her notifications were very angry texts from beth for ditching her at lucas' party. the others were just a bunch of story mentions from her stellar performance of her song 'traitor' last night.

she vaguely remembered talking to her ex boyfriend before lauren sent her a text, asking her to come over. she then remembered taking a crate of beer and putting it in the back of her car before driving to the holland's house even though she was already a little tipsy. she went up to lauren's room and the rest of the night a blur. the only thing she could recall was them bitching about their boy problems.

she texted wyatt 'good morning' like she usually did. only to be left on read. she didn't think of it too much though, wyatt was a busy guy. he was probably at an audition.

she went through the rest of her notifications, apologizing to beth for leaving her and thanking everyone who congratulated her, despite her having a pounding headache, she remained calm and collected, as if nothing was wrong. something she's mastered over the years, the strict filipino mom really helped her when it came to sneaking around, that's why she was so much better it than most.

lauren finally found it in herself to get up from bed. the blonde rubbed her eyes, reaching over to her nightstand only to find a bunch of painkillers for both her and audrey, she furrowed her eyebrows before turning to her best friend who was still on the phone, her face still scrunched up as she replied to beth's messages.

"who gave us the painkillers?" lauren asked, groaning softly before wiping her lips on the sleeve of lucas' sweater.

"no idea" audrey replied shortly, a little annoyed by the fact that wyatt was clearly ignoring her and she had no idea why.

"what did we do last night?" she then asked, turning to lauren who shrugged before popping a pill in her mouth, washing it down with the water that was provided for her before saying

"all i remember was the coin flip"

"the coin flip?"

"yeah. heads you go for wyatt, tails you go for justin"

"what?! what happened after?!" the brunette exclaimed with her eyes wide

"ehh we got distracted, ollie came in and we played with her for awhile, speaking of where is she?"

"over there"

lauren turned to the corner of the room that audrey was pointing at only to see ollie sleeping soundly on a pile of unwashed clothes. giggling softly, lauren shook her head and diverted her attention back to audrey, asking her

"did we do anything stupid last night?"

"i hope not. i really hope we didn't embarrass ourselves. i'm checking our social medias right now and everything's normal"

the pair suddenly heard the sound of the doorknob clicking, causing them to whip their heads to the door that was being pushed open by justin. the blond sauntered into the room, placing his hands in his pockets before saying

"which one of you threw up on my plant?"

"that was me sorry" lauren piped up, chuckling softly before taking a sip of her water. exhaling deeply, justin shook his head and chuckled along.