Chapter twelve

November 14
Denisha<3

"Ahh shit." Ace yelled as Teagan scalp braided his hair. She was sitting on the couch and he was in between her legs sitting on a pillow as she tortured him.

He held tightly on her thigh but not tight enough to hurt her. "It doesn't hurt that bad, boy." She teased.

"Yes it do." He scoffed.

"Okay, I'm on the last one." She had did him 6 medium size braids. Once she finished he went straight to the mirror.

"You like it?" She asked as she washed her hands.

"Yeah I do." He said as he kissed her on the cheek and then calmly went to his room to get ready. She stood there in shock for a few minutes before going to her room to do the same.

She wore a fitted mid thigh T-shirt dress. That said "Paris" on the bust part of it. She wore her Dr.Martens with blue socks that matched her dress. The socks came out of her boots just enough to be seen. She also wore a coat that was a little bit longer then her dress.

Ace came out his room minutes after Teagan. He wore blue skinny jeans and a blue shirt with his converses. He also wore a white jacket. "You have to wear a beanie with that outfit." She said laughing.

"You don't think it'll mess up my hair?" He asked innocently making her smile at his cuteness.

"No, it'll be fine." She reassured him. He went to his room and put on his white beanie.

"Better?" He asked sarcastically.

"Most definitely."

******

"Hey bestie! Hey bro." M.J greeted them happily.

"Good evening, M.J" Teagan greeted back.

"What's up sis."

"Y'all come on, they all over here eating." M.J said pointing at the tables where her family members are.

"Teagan did your hair?" M.J asked him with a big sneaky grin. Teagan had went to fix Ace and herself a plate.

"Yeah she did it like a hour ago." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"She hates doing hair. She only really does mines and Keisha's." M.J said hinting at something but her brother wasn't getting it.

"She's also over there fixing your plate like y'all married." She said making him finally notice what she was trying to do.

"She's just being nice." He said waving his sister off.

"Being nice my ass. She lik-" She cut herself off when Teagan came back with the food. Making Ace roll his eyes at his sister.

"So Uncle David is here." M.J said to Ace.

"Yeah I know. I've been avoiding him." Ace said bluntly. Making Teagan tune into the conversation because she's nosy and Uncle David is so nice. What did he do? She wondered.

"Now you know ain't nothing wrong with Uncle David." M.J said crossing her arms before she drank her lemonade with a little spike in it. She was definitely going to be tipsy by the end of the night.

"I just don't want to talk to him right now." Ace said eating some cornbread.

"We'll that's too bad because he's on his way over here." Teagan said looking over at him then M.J. All M.J did was shrug.

"Damn."

"Hello Miss Travis." He said giving her his signature smile.

"What I tell you about calling me that Uncle David? It's Teagan." She corrected with a warm smile.

"My apologies." He said smiling at her. Then looking towards Ace. "Long time no see nephew." He said before sitting at the table right beside M.J. Across from Ace and Teagan.

Ace keep eating his food not even acknowledging his presence. "I know you hear Uncle talking to you Ace." M.J said scolding him. Teagan could feel the tension. She also felt Ace grab her hand under the table.

Maybe it was calming him down. Or maybe it's her presence. "Michelle don't put yourself into something if you don't know all the facts." Ace said dangerously serious.

"Well-" Uncle David cut her off.

"No it's okay I understand." He said politely taking his leave.

"No, you're not telling me what happen. So I have no choice but to be on Uncle's side." M.J argued.

"Please be quite M.J." Ace asked passive aggressively. While Teagan really did wish that M.J would be quite so their wouldn't be an altercation but she knew that wasn't going to happen. M.J never knew when to stop talking, good or bad.

"No you're being rude. You know momma didn't raise you like th-"

"Shut the fuck up." He said calmly making M.J angrily storm away.

Teagan was left in a awkward position. She didn't know if she should to stay or go run after M.J.

"I should g-"

"Yeah go cheek on her." He said in a somewhat regretful tone.

"Okay." She said and went to where her best friend was. Which was in M.J's bedroom since they had the reunion at her house because she has a big lawn.

"M.J, Open the door." She said in a sing song tone dragging out her name.

"No go talk to your boyfriend."

"Girl if you don't stop playing and open this door." She said and after a few seconds she opened it.

"Now what up with you?"

"I don't know it's just I was mad that he didn't tell me what was wrong." She said sitting the bed. Teagan jumped on the bed behind her laying down.

"I'm sure he'll tell you eventually."

"No it's not like we use to be. He never tells me things. We use to be so close." She said a small tear coming out her eye.

"M.J he just got out of prison. It's like he's re-getting to know everybody. You know he trusts you but it's going to be different. He still folds his bed corners like he's still in prison. Give him time, girly." Teagan said giving her best friend a big bear hug.

"Now I'll talk to him about it later. Are you good?" Teagan asked pulling her out her room.

"Yeah." She laughed and she went to the kitchen. Teagan went back outside to see Ace socializing with his family members. His mother had just walked away when she got outside.

He looked kind of uncomfortable. She creep up and sat by him. Not saying a word but he took a hold of her hand again as he answered questions.

"Thank you Auntie Maggie."

"Is Teagan your girlfriend?" She asked giving Teagan a smile. He let her answer.

"Oh no ma'am we are just friends." Teagan said giving her a warm smile. Ace made a face that Teagan saw but she didn't say anything.

"Oh well y'all would look so cute." His auntie complimented.