Chapter four

August 28/2020

By: Denisha

Right now, Teagan is helping Ace move out of his sister's home. He didn't have much to move since he was just incarcerated but he had enough. They loaded up everything into Teagan's BMW truck except one box that they went to go get.

"You better watch out before your house gets burned too, on second thought you deserved it." Steve said giving Teagan a glare then moving his eyes towards Ace.

"Talk to my best friend like that again and you'll be finding some where to go. And if you talk to my brother like that again you'll be burnt too." M.J said. Steve has always been racist towards Black people and Mexicans. Just so happened Teagan is black, and Ace is white and Mexican. Olivia, Ace and M.J's mom, was to scared to say anything about it.

When M.J and Ace were 8 and 9, Steve and Olivia broke up because the neighbors were threatening to call the police on Steve because he was abusing Ace and Olivia. So he left and they were doing well until they got back together two years after Ace went to prison. He started beating her and when M.J got out of college they got kick out their house and moved in with M.J.

Once they got the box M.J hugged Ace and so did Olivia. "It's not like your going to see him tomorrow." Teagan said sarcastically to M.J.

"Oh, shut up."

"It was nice seeing you Tee." Olivia said hugging her and kissing her on her forehead. She used to watch her when she was a kid while her mother and father was at work.

"You too Momma Liv." Olivia is like a second mom to her. She heard Steve scoff in the background and she turned around.

"Fucking monkey." Steve whispered but Teagan heard him.

"Look here if you say something slick to me again Imma shove my foot so far down your-"

"Don't curse." Olivia interrupted.

"Sorry momma, if YOU say something RACIST to me again, I will be the next one to go to prison and I swear for god it's going to be for life." Teagan said walking out the door.

"Are you going to let her talk to me like that?" Steve asked M.J.

"Yup, see you tomorrow bro." M.J said as Ace walked out.

When Ace got into the truck it was quiet. "You good?" Ace asked looking out the window.

"Yeah, it's just that, that old man gets on my nerves."

He grunted.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm used to it, but the only reason I didn't beat his ass is because I don't want to disrespect my sister in her home."

Teagan nodded understanding that. Once they got to their house Teagan helped him unpack and showed him around the house. It has 5 rooms and 3 bathrooms but one of them is in her room. She showed him where to put things, the kitchen and which bathroom he can put his stuff in. It was his day off and it was hers too, so they decided to stay in the house and watch TV.

They sat on the couch and ate popcorn and snacks while watching Criminal Minds, Season 4 episode 3. "That should be illegal." Teagan said on the verge of tears. Ace saw this and didn't know what to do.

"Yeah it should, why they do that to J.J and did you see the way Garcia cried when she left?" Ace said agreeing with her. Once Teagan seen the flashbacks of J.J being with the team she burst out crying.

Ace looked at her wanting to make her feel better even if she was crying because of a show. "You watched the show before, right?"

"Y-Yeah." Teagan said wiping some of her tears.

"Well then you know what happens." He said witch made her stop crying completely.

"Oh yeah... Haha." Tegan went from crying to laughing. Ace rolled his eyes at her stupidity and because he found her adorable. He pushed that thought out his mind and watched the next episode.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." She said and threw a popcorn at him.

"Is that how you feel?" He asked sitting up and throwing one back at her.

Then she picks up a bag of sour patch kids and threw it at the back of his head when he reach for another popcorn. When the bag hit his head he drop the popcorn and slowly looked at Teagan.

She quickly got up ran with him chasing after her. They ran up and down the house ending back up in the living room. He caught her and they both fell on the couch with him on top of her.

"Ah ah Stop." She yelled with laughter. He smiles tickling her for a couple more seconds but then he stopped. She stopped laughing and looked up at him. His eyes connected with hers then he slowly leaned down. She stared at his lips, her eyes going back and forth from his lip to eyes. Right before his lips touched her's he quickly moved off her.