Chapter Nine

Teagan had just realized that she has a 'crush' on Ace. She honestly didn't know what to do. She couldn't tell anyone because her best friend is his sister. Teagan loves her best friend, but she also knows that, that girl can't keep a secret.

She felt like a school girl. Crushing on her best friend's brother. How cliché. She thought chastising herself. She rolled her eyes as she grabbed her book sitting down on her couch. They had a day off because of the weather.

So, the only thing she had planned was finishing her book before the dead end. She would have to turn back in to the library in two days. Ace on the other hand was sleeping. To be fare it was 7 in the morning. She grabbed her tea and put on her circular glasses as she read her book.

She got finished with it within 2 hours. It was a novel. She sighed putting her book down and went to the back. She looked at her watch and seen that it was 9. She went to her room and changed into some workout clothes. Even though it was bad weather she wasn't going to miss a chance to work out.

She grabbed her coat off the rack and then got her keys and left. She went to the gym and started on some light running. Then went into a full-on workout routine before finding an empty room and doing her yoga routine that she does once a week.

By the time she was finish it was 11:30 am. And she stopped by the store to get her some food and things she needed around the house.

When she got home, she heard laughter. She walked to the kitchen to see Ace cooking and M.J. laughing. M.J. was always extra when it came to her laugh, so she had ended up on the floor laughing. Literally.

"Hey Tommie." She said and Teagan smiled greeting her best friend.

"Hey Michelle." She paused before looking over at Ace. "Hey Ace."

"Hello Teagan." He said giving her a head nod before going back to cooking. Whatever he was cooking, Teagan knew it smelt good.

"Ouuu!" M.J said before looking at her best friend. M.J knew the look in Teagan's eye when she was interested in someone, and she was definitely giving that look to Ace.

Teagan looked over at her best friend then she immediately knew what was going on. "Shut up." She said before walking to her room telling them that she was about to take a shower. M.J decided to follow her. M.J's cheeks went red with excitement.

"You like Ace." She loudly whispered as she watched Teagan pick out the clothes she was going to wear for that day. Which was an oversized t-shirt and some tights.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She said shrugging before going to the bathroom with her best friend trailing her.

"Oh yes you do Tommie!" M.J exclaimed. Teagan sighed as she pulled her shirt over her head leaving her in just a bra with tights.

"Can I take a shower without being bombarded by questions?"

"We will talk about it when you get out."

"Mhmm."

******

Right now, they were sitting at the table as they ate Ace's food. M.J kept looking over at Teagan giggling.

"Can I know what's funny?" Ace asked raising his perfectly arched eyebrow.

"Stop being nosy bro." M.J said which surprised Teagan. She would have usually told the secret. "Tommie likes-" Teagan quickly put her hand over her best friend's mouth. Teagan guessed she thought too soon.

"Nothing important Ace." She said giving him a little smile before silently scolding his sister. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yup." She said taking her brown hand off of M.J's mouth. "Eww why'd you lick my hand, nasty!" That comment caused Ace to laugh and he placed his food up to his mouth.

"So how was your work out?" M.J asked Teagan. As she took a sip of her drink.

"It was great actually." She smiled happy that she actually cared about her exercises.

"Where do you work out at?" Ace asked wanting to go back to exercising. He would always bench press when he was in his prison.

"It's actually right around the corner, I could take you there whenever you want to go." She said shrugging to which he nodded.

"Ahh my ship is sailing!" M.J said happily clapping her hands. Ace looked at her weirdly before coughing to hide his blush.

"Shut up Michelle." After he said that M.J got a call. She quickly answered it in a quirky manner.

"Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger. Can I take your order?" She said which made Teagan laugh and Ace playfully roll his eyes. After a few seconds she said, "Bri I won't be able to do it, but I can ask Ace and Teagan." She said which caught the eyes of both Ace and Teagan.

"Would you guys be able to watch Kiki tomorrow?" She asked them waiting for an answer.

"Sure." They said simultaneously which made M.J smile.

"They said yeah, just text Teagan about the details." She said nodding even though Brionna couldn't see her. "Yeah, I love you too boo." She said replied before ending the call.

"I guess we have some kid sitting to do." Ace said as he picked up everyone's plates.

"Kid sitting?"

"Yeah like babysitting but I don't think Kiki would like us calling her a baby." Ace replied to Teagan.

"You met Kiki?" She asked but then it made sense, they did go to the same church.

"Yeah."

After Ace washed the dishes Teagan, M.J and Ace all sat down and watched some movies. The whole consisted of laughter and M.J tease her best friend and brother. She randomly started singing B.F.B from the victorious which made Teagan smack her lips in embarrassment.

"My best friend's brother is the one for meeeee." She sung loudly as she made her way to the bathroom.

"What's up with her?" Ace asked Teagan.

"I don't even know dude." She laughed obviously lying.

"But Kiki seems like a nice child." He said changing the subject.

"Yeah, I used to babysit her all the time she is such a sweet girl." She said and M.J came back into sight.

"I know y'all will miss me but it's my time to leave." She said sarcastically.

"Oh hush, I'll see you Monday." Teagan said as she hugged her.

"See you sis."

"Alright bro, peace." She said closing the door before taking her leave.

"Well that was nice."

"Yeah, it was."