31- The bachelor

Nico POV

Speeding down the mountain in the Porsche with Matt it's like we're in our teens again. Back when I'd stay for the summer and we'd take Marco's car for a joy ride.

I got so many black eyes for stealing Marco's car but it would only put me off for a couple of days before I took it again.

I've had the plan for today in my head ever since Matt went looking for Sophie. I knew it was just a matter of time, when Matt wants something he always gets it, and I'd never seen him want anything as much as he wanted Sophie. Even before he knew about Ella.

The fact we had a fight about her when she ran away told me enough, we had never argued because of a woman. I'd sent people searching for her that day so when Matt pulled his head out of his ass and asked me for help all I had to do was ring someone for an update.

He was praising how fast I got the information as if I'd started the search when he called. I didn't see the need to correct him.

"Where are we going?" Matt finally asks.

"Food, sports, drinks, casino and strippers" I list off.

"Those are my options? He asks.

"No, we're doing all of those things" I laugh, "gonna be low key since we had no notice, just gotta drop off my car and meet the others" I explain heading in the direction of my apartment.

A quick outfit change and we're both sipping my best whisky in our suits waiting for the others to arrive. Much to Matt's disgust the first to arrive are Sophie's friends Tim and Eddy.

"Fuck sake, why did you invite them?!" Matt scowls cornering me in the kitchen.

"They flew here for your wedding dude. Besides everyone we know is out of the country, it's your fault for having a small wedding!" Matt spins on his heel grumbling as he storms out of the room. It's good that he doesn't turn around because there's no way I could keep my face straight, annoying Matt feels just like old times.

Once Arty arrives making us five we head out. I've had the driver bring the Mercedes minibus so we even have tables to drink at while we travel. It fits sixteen which is good because we'll be meeting others at different stops, but most aren't free for the full 24 hours.

"Ok, first up we're gonna meet some guys for a little game of five-a-side." I announce, opening another bottle of whisky. The drive to Marco Polo airport is swift.

"I'm not leaving Venice, not while the girls are all here." Matt immediately objects.

"Ok first, we're not leaving Venice, second whipped much, Matt?" I laugh, leading them all to where my helicopter is waiting.

"You hired a chopper?" Eddy asks, in awe.

"No, I needed one recently and none were available to hire on short notice so I bought one. Figured we may as well use it" I explain, shouting as we get closer.

We take a scenic route before landing, arriving at Stadio Pierluigi Penzo, we are greeted by five of the winged lions themselves. Esposito, Forte, Maleh, Molinaro, and Lezzerini. Ready for the ultimate game of five a side soccer. I'd prefer American football but if I send Matt back bruised up I'm pretty sure Sophie will kill me.

We change into spare kit and start, Tim is actually killing it. Holding his own against actual members of Venezia FC, as much as I'd like to claim we all did well the rest of us were pretty shit.

It was a good way to get our blood pumping for the rest of the day though. After showering and changing back into our suits we all bypass the helicopter and make our way to the Marina where the Yacht is waiting for us.

The ten of us champagne toast Matt and Sophie as the boat makes its way to the water side entrance of Ristorante da Ivo.

"Ristorante da Ivo," I announce, "it's where George Clooney had his bachelor party, so should be decent"

We pile into the restaurant taking our seats and I immediately order copious amounts of wine for the table. The menu here changes every day so I told them to surprise us.

Starting with a mixed seafood starter Matt immediately starts talking about Sophie's disgust of seafood. I want to mock him for finding any chance to talk about Sophie but I kinda get it. My fingers are itching to text Lili so instead I smile into my wine and let him gush.

Besides it's kinda funny that he seems to have forgotten Sophie's ex is sat right there looking so awkward.

The truffle pasta helps to absorb some of the alcohol but we quickly replace it with more. The football guys leave from there while we stagger onto the boat that will take us to the casino.

"You used to be better at drinking" I tease passing Matt a bottle of water.

"Yesh…" he slurs, swaying slightly more than the rest of us "but it's been a while, I promished Soph" his head drops into my shoulder, this guy needs to sober up or he's gonna miss his own bachelor party. "Sophie is so good, y'know?" He tells me drunkenly.

"Yeah dude, I know. And Ella is so cute man, I'm happy for you"

"Yeah! She's so fucking cute! Look" he pulls his cell out to show me a picture of Sophie sleeping with Ella curled up in her arms. "I don't know what I would have done if I didn't find them, I owe you and Lili so much" his voice sounds choked up. Great, he's decided to be an emotional drunk.

"Come on dude, Sophie wouldn't want you to be sad would she? She wanted you to have a good night" I remind him.

"Yeah, of course" Matt clears his throat giving his head a shake, and downing the bottle of water before doing a disgusting smelling belch that almost made me sick.

The boat stops at the water side entrance of the casino where I've already paid the buy in for the five of us to join the private poker game.

Two tables are set up already in the private room set for seven players per table. Our group of five take our seats waiting for the others to arrive.

"I believe this is us" a pretty brunette says, taking a seat beside Tim followed by the last person I wanted to see.

Fucking Benji.