10- pancakes

Lili POV

Nico steps away without kissing me.

Damn it!

My heart is beating so hard in my chest I swear it's trying to escape and go after Nico itself. My body reacts to Nico in a way I can't even explain, I feel all hot and bothered and they didn't even do anything.

Not yet at least.

As if they know how I'm feeling Nico flashes me a dazzling smile, blue eyes twinkling. My thighs squeeze together of their own accord.

I may be a virgin, but that doesn't mean I don't know anything about pleasure. The cool wood of the door against my back reminds me of the hotel room in Sheffield.

God I want Nico to touch me again.

"There's a spare toothbrush in the bathroom if you want it before you go" Nico offers, shattering my fantasy.

Oh God, my breath! No wonder I didn't get kissed. This is so embarrassing. My hand automatically covers my mouth in horror making Nico chuckle.

"It's really bad isn't it?" I ask through my hand, my voice muffled.

"It could melt glass" Nico nods, solemnly. I quickly run into the bathroom, making them chuckle "I'll call you later ok?" Nico shouts after me still laughing.

I clean myself up, pulling my hair into a bun before borrowing Nico's things to brush my teeth and wash my face. Nico failed to mention that I look like a fucking panda aswell. Mascara and eyeliner smeared around my eyes.

I wonder where my dress went, I'm still not entirely sure who changed me, but I assume Nico took care of the mess. I'll have to ask later.

Leaving the bathroom I make a beeline for Nico's closet borrowing some sliders to get home in, I'm too hungover for heels.

One of the many benefits of knowing Nico is their enviable wardrobe. Even though Nico manages to look amazing in anything. (I swear a burlap sack would look like Prada if Nico wore it.) Nico's wardrobe is made up of the best money can buy.

Or the best Nico can steal from Matt I think as I spot Matt's favourite leather jacket and pull it on. I wonder if Matt knows Nico has it?

Once I'm happy that I don't look totally shit I go and search for Ben finding him lounging on the sofa, scrolling through his phone.

"Ready?" I ask getting his attention.

"Sure thing" he smiles, glancing up and down at my outfit then getting to his feet with a groan.

"You're getting old" I joke as I head for the door.

"Oi, I'm not old!" He argues.

"Older than me" I tease.

"Old enough to hold my liquor" he mocks me, "we could have taken the Porsche" he complains.

We take the elevator to the underground parking lot and Ben steps forward holding open the passenger door to Nico's Mercedes, allowing me to slide in.

I squint in the sunlight when we pull out of the garage, the motion of the car not helping my raging hangover. Screwing up my face against the nausea I hope I don't throw up in another of Nico's cars. I'll never hear the end of it.

We aren't driving long when we pull up, opening my eyes I notice we have stopped beside a cafe.

"This isn't where I left my bag," I say turning to Ben.

"I know, this is breakfast. You need to line that stomach of yours" he tells me. The thought of eating makes my stomach churn. I don't say this aloud but my expression must say it for me "Food will help" he insists, climbing out of the car and walking around to get my door. "Mi lady" he says with a mock bow.

Choosing to ignore him I walk into the cafe. The place is American themed so we both order coffee and a stack of pancakes Ben ordering a side of fruit salad as well.

As soon as the food arrives all thoughts of sickness leaves my mind. I quickly shovel a piece of the hot fluffy pancake into my mouth letting out a groan of satisfaction.

"So good" I moan, my mouth still full. My eyes searched for Ben to see if he was enjoying his pancakes with equal gusto but I just find him spaced out. His eyes on me.

"Ben, are you ok?" I ask before shoving another large piece of pancake into my mouth. It's a serious choking hazard but worth it.

"Mm-hmm" Ben mumbles, picking up his coffee for a sip. I raise an eyebrow but I don't question it, maybe I'm not the only one who had too much to drink last night. I mimic his actions, sipping my own coffee. Mmmm sweet caffeine. So much better than the crap Ben brewed this morning. I swear that was just brown water. He should be ashamed.

"Have some fruit, it'll help the hangover" he offers pushing the bowl to the centre of the table. I wave my hand dismissively, who wants healthy food for a hangover?

"Just a bite?" Ben smiles stabbing a strawberry and offering it to my lips. I lean forward closing the distance to bite into the sweet fruit. Ok fair to Ben it's pretty good.

I look up at him to voice this thought and our eyes meet. His gaze holds something I don't quite understand, like he's deep in thought but also completely focused on me.

I'm not sure what it was about me biting a strawberry that has had this effect?

"Ben?" I ask quietly,

"What are you doing today?" He replies, snapping out of his thoughts as though it never happened.

"Nothing much, get my bag, go home to change, a few meetings and I'm done" I smile, returning to my pancakes.

"So you're free to have dinner with me this evening?" He asks hopefully.

"Yeah, sure. I can do dinner" I agree.

"Good it's a date then"

"Well. Not an actual date" I chuckle, shoving more pancake into my mouth, my cheeks puffing out like a hamster.

"Would you like it to be a date?" Ben asks.