21- Not a date?

Lili POV

I sit back in my seat ready to head home and back to reality.

I look down at Nico through the window, a smile playing on their lips as Sophie whispers something in their ear. Before they climb the steps to board.

"What did Sophie say to you?" I ask as Nico takes a seat across from me. Nico doesn't reply right away looking out the window to wave. I mimic the action.

"I think your Ma is seeing Leo" Nico says casually.

"What?! There's no way Soph said that!" I gasp, my eyes searching for Ma. I find her standing beside Leo. Admittedly, Ma did seem to keep disappearing with Leo this past week…

There's no way they're dating though, right?

"No, Sophie didn't say it. I'm saying it" Nico laughs. "It's so obvious. You're gonna get a new Daddy, and this time I don't mean me"

I quickly open my cell to the group chat with Matt and Sophie sending a message.

Lili: Nico thinks Ma is secretly dating Leo!!

I see Matt pull out his cell shooting a look at Ma then frowning at the message before showing Sophie, who is cradling Ella in her arms. I can't hear what Sophie says in Matt's ear but I can see her smile and his surprise.

My cell buzzes with a new message.

Matt: Soph thinks Nico's onto something! There's no way. Ma doesn't date!

"You've opened a can of worms, as Sophie would say" I laugh at Nico.

"That's why I waited until we were on the plane" they chuckle.

I'm not sure when I dozed off but the next thing I know Nico is kissing me awake telling me it's time to land. I could get used to being woken up like this.

It's a pity that we didn't make use of the private plane, but it is Nico's fault I'm so tired. My body has had more orgasms forced out of it in the last few days than I've given myself since I learned how.

There's always next time.

"I'll drop you off at home then swing by to get you around seven. I'm taking you on a date." Nico tells me kissing me softly before starting the car.

"Oh I can't tonight, I have plans with Ben" I explain.

"You're not serious?!" Nico exclaims. "You're going on a date with Ben? What were the last few days about? Were your usual toys just out of power?" Nico snaps bitterly.

"Who said anything about a date? Ben is my friend. I'm not just going to stop seeing my friends!" I argue.

"Ben thinks it's a date," Nico says stubbornly.

"No. He doesn't, I'm not a fan of this controlling thing you have going on today" I huff.

"Fine. Let's pretend you're right, Ben is my friend too. So it shouldn't be a problem if I join you right?"

"So what? Now I need a chaperone? You're being ridiculous. But fine, join us if it's so important to you!" I snap jumping out of the car the moment it stops.

I don't make it to the door before Nico catches up grabbing my hand to spin me around and pull my body close to theirs.

Nico leans in to kiss me but I turn my face away, still annoyed. I'm not just gonna kiss and make up when Nico is being an ass.

"Come on Lili, don't be like that, I'm sorry" Nico says softly, all the irritation from before gone. "I know you don't think it, but Ben does like you. I know it's macho bullshit but I only just got you and I don't want to share" Nico locks eyes with me as they explain.

I try to think how I would feel if someone asked Nico out for dinner tonight, and although I am not willing to admit it out loud I know I'd be jealous. I'm such a hypocrite.

"I promise it's not a date, why don't you meet us for drinks after we eat and then you could maybe bring me home? If you want to."

"Ok, I'll see you later. But not because I'm checking up on you, it's because I'm not turning down an offer to spend the night" Nico agrees, pulling me close for a kiss, this time I don't resist the gentle press of Nico's lips against my own.

I'm reluctant when Nico pulls away to leave but I need to unpack and freshen up before Ben gets here. The perk of staying with Sophie and Matt is that at least I didn't bring back a huge pile of laundry.

I get a quick shower and change into some fitted black jeans and a cute top, checking my emails before I leave. The sushi bar isn't far from my place so I plan to walk down.

I'm just locking up when I hear a car pulling up behind me.

"Ben? What are you doing here?" I ask, as he steps out of the car.

"Picking you up obviously" he laughs, walking around the car to open the passenger door.

"I thought we were meeting there?" I ask climbing into the car.

"Well, I was passing" he smiles coming round to drive the car, what Nico said kept rolling around my head. Does Ben think this is a date?

The entire meal is just awkward, stupid Nico putting things in my head. Spoiling my sushi.

"So, you gonna tell me what's wrong?" Ben asks.

"It's silly, Nico just said something. It's nothing, I'm sorry let's enjoy our meal" I brush off with a forced smile.

"Ah Nico, he was born to be a mood killer wasn't he?" Ben chuckles.

"They." I point out.

"Who?"

"Nico, it's they not he remember" seriously Ben, I think trying not to roll my eyes. He's known Nico for years.

"Oh right, yeah," he says playing with his food. "So what did Nico say?"

"Oh. It's silly, Nico seemed to think that you were taking me on a date" I laugh airily, "then you coming to pick me up just made it seem a little strange, you know"

"I do want to take you on a date Lili"