22- The blind spot

A/N

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've not been feeling well. Thanks for sticking around x

Lili POV

"Ok you were right you win" I hiss at Nico across the table the moment Ben goes to the gents.

Nico fails at suppressing a smug grin at my words.

"Oh shut up!" I snap.

"I didn't say anything Lil," Nico says smiling widely this time. "What happened?"

"He said he wanted to take me on a date, and I said I'd never really thought about him that way" I shrug.

"Well not never" Nico teases, "I'm pretty sure I remember you guys making out one time"

"I was fourteen! Nob head, I'm getting another drink." I say bluntly, ignoring Nico's deep chuckle and walking to the bar.

My awkward dinner had now turned into awkward drinks at the blind spot.

When I told Ben I was sort of dating Nico he thought I was joking. Actually laughed out loud at the thought of it. The way his face dropped when Nico walked into the bar though told me he might believe me now.

They have spent the last hour staring daggers at each other and making passive aggressive comments, I honestly just want to leave but I'm determined to get them back on good terms first.

I struggle my way through a crowd of drunk, sweaty businessmen to reach the bar, wrinkling my nose at the overwhelming smell of sweat and cigarettes.

"Chianti?!" I call, recognising the barmaid "I didn't see you when I came in!" I tell her, surprised.

"I just started, I'm on the late one tonight. What can I get you?" She says with her friendly smile.

"A large pinot and some sanity if you have any?" I joke.

"Well I can do pinot and a sympathetic ear?" She offers, "what's up?"

"Nothing really, just them two stressing me out" I say, jerking my head in the direction of my table. Where Ben is taking his seat.

"Damn that's a manwich I wouldn't mind being the filling for!" Chianti gushes. "Is everyone you know that good looking? Cause girl if they are, we're gonna need to start going out"

"Chianti!" I laugh.

"Seriously though, both of them are just undressing you with their eyes. I'm surprised you aren't literally on fire with the amount of heat on you! Which one are you going for? Or are you keeping both?"

I casually glance over my shoulder and see they are in fact both watching me. The thought of two people fighting for my affection feels like something right out of a romantic movie. But the thought of having both sends an unfamiliar shudder up my spine. Is that what I want? Two partners? Is that even possible?

Four hands exploring my body, four lips tasting my skin, two long hard….

I'm pulled from my thoughts when a wad of napkins hits my face.

"For the drool" Chianti laughs, "now go join your guys cause I'm one tequila shot away from quitting my job and taking them for myself."

Damn what is in this wine?! When did I become such a pervert?

I roll my eyes at Chianti picking up my wine and heading back to the table. 

Ben flashes me a smile as I approach, which I return but when my eyes meet Nico's, the look there is pure desire.

Nico's eyes trail over my body making me feel as if I'm completely naked under their gaze. They pull their bottom lip between their teeth and it does funny things to my body. I swear my vagina has got its own heartbeat.

I'm broken from the trance by Ben, awkwardly clearing his throat. I look at him apologetically, feeling a little embarrassed that I was feeling so turned on in public. I seriously need to get out of here and clear my head.

"Hey, I'm thinking this is going to be my last one" I explain, taking a seat. "Got a busy day tomorrow"

"I'll take you home," Ben offers, smiling softly at me.

"No." Nico objects immediately.

"No?" Ben challenges.

"I'll be taking my girlfriend home myself Ben" Nico says downing the rest of their drink.

Girlfriend? My stomach starts rolling. Is it sad that I'm excited by this? It's not very progressive of me to enjoy how territorial Nico is being right now, but damn it's hot.

Ben and Nico both look at me as if seeking confirmation. Am I doing this?

I give a small nod and shuffle a little towards Nico. Seeking out their hand beneath the table to lace our fingers together. Their palms are a little sweaty and I wonder if they were feeling a little nervous.

"So what? You were just being a cock tease?" Ben spits. All the friendliness and charm of the past few weeks melting away in that instant.

I'm so surprised I turn mute just staring at Ben in shock.

"Don't fucking talk to her like that" Nico growls, the grip on my hand becoming painfully tight.

"Nico let's just go" I insist, getting to my feet. I'm pissed off that Ben is being like this and I want to go while the friendship still has a chance to be salvaged later.

Nico releases my hand to pull out their chair getting to their feet.

"I wonder what Marco would have thought if he knew you were using his little sister as your fuck toy?"

CRACK

The sound of Ben falling off his chair and hitting the floor brings the bar to a stand still, all eyes turning to watch us.

"How dare you try using Marco against me!" My eyes are burning with tears of anger. My hand is throbbing where it just made contact with the side of Ben's face.

"Truth hurts does it Lili?" Ben says moving to get back to his feet.

"Stay down" Nico growls.

Ben climbs to his feet squaring his shoulders as he faces Nico. The idea of them fighting over me is no longer romantic. I've seen them fight before.

"We're not kids anymore Nico. You don't want to start this"

Nico steps forward, shoulders tense.

"Alright I think you guys have had enough!" Chianti shouts, striding towards us.

I can't believe I'm about to be kicked out of my own bar! I see the door men weaving their way towards us as well, and look at Chianti apologetically. Why am I the one feeling sorry about everything this evening?

Following Chianti's lead I walk towards the exit.

"Girl that slap was so bad ass! I'm guessing we're team blonde hottie right?" She whispers.