Chapter 24: A chance

Chapter: 24

Chapter: 24

****

Anna went downstairs. It was the time of noon and after completing some work in the bedroom, she thought of preparing something nice for girls so that their mood will lit up.

She was too much worried about their health. She directly made her way towards the kitchen but to her surprise, Scarlett was already present there planing something to cook.

"Good afternoon, Scar," Anna greeted her making her come out of her thoughts.

"Uh oh! Good afternoon, Mrs. Miller," She wished her back.

"What are you doing here?" Anna asked.

"I just thought of cooking something, that's why,"

"Oh! Then let me cook, Please, you don't have to..." Anna said.

"No no, It's fine," Scarlett replied.

"Oh c'mon, let me prepare something good for all of you. And, please, Don't call me Mrs. Miller. I'm telling for 20th time and last time now, Call Me Anna," Anna spoke, her voice was soft that made Scarlett feel comfortable.

"Umm...Okay," she replied.

"Good, now go and sit with Eve and Nancy. I will prepare cupcakes for all of you," Anna said making her nod in return.

After some time, Anna was finished making cupcakes for all of them. She let them cool down for some time before preparing them nicely and went out towards the dining area.

"Here, you guy's cupcakes are ready," She said as the little girl clapped in joy almost jumping from the chair that made Scarlett and Eve chuckle.

"OMG! MY FAVOURITE... CUPCAKES," She exclaimed clapping making Anna chuckled as she sat down beside her on the chair while Scarlett and Eve were sitting in opposite directions. Anna finished serving everyone when Nancy said.

"Please, give me some more in extra. They are my favorites," Nancy asked with her puppy eyes making Anna smile at her cuteness as Anna squeezed her soft, chubby cheeks.

"Sure, little one. here you go,"

"Thank you," Nancy said in her cute voice before attacking the food.

"Btw, Did you guys have a plan for the evening?" eve asked out in blue gaining Anna and Scarlett's attention.

"Umm what plans?" Anna asked.

"Why don't we watch a movie? What say?" Eve suggested wiggling her eyebrows.

"It's a good idea,"

"What you say, Scar?" Anna asked gaining Scarlett's attention ho was sitting silently there without involving in any conversation.

"Umm... Anything you all will like, I'm fine with it," She said making Eve nod.

"Okay, then we will watch a good movie together. But don't anyone dare to tell brother about that, He hates seeing me doing time-wasting," Eve said rolling her eyes playfully making Anna chuckle. Scarlett and Anna nodded in agreement before finishing their food.