𝐱. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑛

The name had been festering in her thoughts ever since she had nicked the parchment from his grasp. A man so adamant on defending the Avengers- Captain America, like one would defend a friend, a brother spoken ill of. The way his lips turned at the mention of the veteran and how his shoulders stiffened didn't sit right with her. Surely, he was just a fanatic.

Fallon twisted the card between her soot concealed fingers. Her pointer strumming the edge as she repeated the name. Dr Christina Raynor. A therapist. Maybe it was the reporter in her, her hunger for a story and a drive to eliminate the raging fire of curiosity burning within her. Fallon wanted to know every little detail of the mysterious man on the bench.

"What will you do?" A hushed voice chirped from beside her. Fallon tipped her head in the red- heads direction. Her body was curled on the ground with an arm supporting her head and the other examining the card.

"There's more to him that meets the eye little star. I want to find out what it is." She said before sitting up straight. Karli fell into a frown at the glint of mischief in the older woman's ocean blue eyes. Usually when Fallon's lips curled into a grin and the spark in her eyes glimmered, Karli knew a plan was formulating. Whether she liked to admit it or not, Fallon's plans were either stupidly reckless or brilliantly crazy. But almost certainly worked every time.

"I don't like that look in your eyes Fal." Karli grimaced as the woman chuckled before pocketing the card. "What crazy plan are you about to do."

"Don't worry about a thing Karli." Fallon grinned as her head peeked around the corner of the building. A woman strode past before she let out a wail of protest as her shoulder met another, sending her phone crashing to the ground and her backside sprawled across the paving.

"Time to get some answers."

"YOU ROBBED HER!"

Fallon rolled her eyes as the two made their way downtown and into the building marked in small at the bottom of the card." We tend to do that, don't act surprised star." She said as she fixed the navy-blue blazer, a stark difference from their raggered tatters. "Also, do keep your voice down. There are ears everywhere"