vi. Tony Stark's Crazy Birthday Party

Amelia sits next to her father in the red car parked inside of Tony's workshop as they look at a large holographic computer screen in front of them

Amelia sits next to her father in the red car parked inside of Tony's workshop as they look at a large holographic computer screen in front of them. The little girl leans up against her father as she starts to drift off to sleep, the darkness of the room coaxing her into the realm of sleep. JARVIS informs the older Stark on the background of the man in the jumpsuit, "Query complete, sir. Anton Vanko was a Soviet physicist who defected to the United States in 1963. However, he was accused of espionage and was deported in 1967. His son, Ivan, who is also a physicist, was convicted of selling Soviet-era weapons-grade plutonium to Pakistan, and served fifteen years in Kopeisk prison. No further records exist."

Tony looks down at his hands as Rhodey walks up to the entrance of the workshop. He types the code in before walking into the room, addressing the older Stark, "Tony, you gotta get upstairs and get on top of this situation right now." Tony doesn't respond as Amelia jolts upright when Rhodey speaks to her, "Hey munchkin, can you give your father and I the room for a moment?"

The nine year old nods her head and lets out a big yawn as she gives her father a kiss on the cheek before she walks over to Rhodey. The colonel holds the door open for the little Stark as she leaves the room while she says, "Good night, Uncle Rhodey."

Rhodey nods his head and ruffles the nine year old's hair as he replies, "Night, munchkin." Once the little girl is out of the room, Rhodey shuts the door and walks further into the room as he speaks to Tony, "Listen. I've been on the phone with the National Guard all day, trying to talk them out of rolling tanks up the PCH, knocking down your front door and taking these." He points to the Iron Man suits that the billionaire made. "They're gonna take your suits, Tony, okay? They're sick of the games. You said nobody else would possess this technology for twenty years. Well, guess what? Somebody else had it yesterday. It's not theoretical anymore." The colonel walks up to Tony and nudges the billionaire, asking, "Are you listening to me?" Tony looks at Rhodey with a far away look. The dark skinned man leans closer to Tony, concerned for his friend, "Are you okay?"

Tony lets out a grunt and slaps Rhodey's arm which grips the billionaire's shoulder. The billionaire looks away as he mutters, "Let's go." The older Stark opens the car door and gets out as Rhodey walks around the vehicle to meet Tony.

The billionaire lets out another grunt as Rhodey speaks, "Hey, man." Tony moves to take a step but he loses his footing and falls to the ground, holding onto the car for support. Rhodey rushes over to Tony as he panics, "Hey, hey!" Rhodey helps Tony up as he asks the billionaire, "You alright?"

Tony nods his head as he responds, "Yeah, I should get to my desk." The older Stark lets out heavy gasps as Rhodey helps him walk over to his desk while he asks the colonel "See that cigar box?"

Rhodey looks at the box as he answers, "Yeah."

Once at the desk, Rhodey leans forward, allowing Tony to sit in the chair as the billionaire tells his friend, "It's palladium." Rhodey opens up the cigar box as Tony lets out a groan through his heavy breathing. Tony removes the arc reactor from his chest and the smoking palladium chip pops up out of the back of the glowing object.