i. Six Months Later

Six months later, Amelia sits next to Pepper, who instructs Tony to turn around and pay attention to the Senate Armed Services Committee

Six months later, Amelia sits next to Pepper, who instructs Tony to turn around and pay attention to the Senate Armed Services Committee. Senator Stern bangs his gavel as he tries to get Tony's attention, "Mr. Stark, could we pick up now where we left off?" He bangs the gavel once more, "Mr. Stark. Please."

The billionaire turns around and retorts, "Yes, dear?"

People laugh as the senator asks, "Can I have your attention?"

Tony leans forward and speaks into the microphone, "Absolutely."

The senator picks up where he left off, asking, "Do you or do you not possess a specialized weapon?"

Tony shakes his head and answers, "I do not."

"You do not?" the senator inquires, repeating Tony's words as a question.

Tony reiterates his answer, "I do not. Well, it depends on how you define the word 'weapon.'"

Tony turns his head away as Senator Stern clarifies, "The Iron Man weapon."

The billionaire looks back at the senator and replies into the microphone, "My device does not fit that description."

The older man in front of Tony splutters, "W-w-well... How would you describe it?"

Tony does not hesitate when he responds, "I would describe it by defining it as what it is, Senator."

Senator Stern leans forward as he prods Tony to elaborate, "As?"

Tony tilts his head as he thinks of his answer before responding, "It's a, hm... It's a high-tech prosthesis." People throughout the room let out laughs as Tony stutters, "That is... That is...That's actually the most apt description I can make of it."

Tony leans back in his seat as the senator informs the billionaire, "It's a weapon. It's a weapon, Mr. Stark. I hate to inform you..."

The billionaire cuts off the senator, "Please, if your priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen..."

Senator Stern interrupts Tony, who puts his hand to his forehead, "My priority is to get the Iron Man weapon turned over to the people of the United States of America."

Tony rests his hands on top of one another on the desk as he tells the senator, "Well, you can forget it. I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself, which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending on what state you're in." More people laugh at Tony's words as the billionaire adds, "You can't have it."

Tony leans back into the seat as Senator Stern says, "Look, I'm no uh, expert..."

The Stark leans forward and speaks into the mic, "In prostitution? Of course not. You're a senator. Come on." Tony hits his hand against the table before he turns around, throwing up a peace sign to everybody in the room, who is laughing. Tony lowers his hand when he catches the look of disapproval from Pepper.