iv. Mark II

A day or two later, Amelia stands next to her father as he waves his hand over the keyboard of the computer, waking the technology up

A day or two later, Amelia stands next to her father as he waves his hand over the keyboard of the computer, waking the technology up. Tony starts typing away as he calls out to his AI system, "JARVIS, you up?"

Tony leans back into his chair as JARVIS replies, "For you, sir, always."

Tony picks up a stylus from a Stark coffee mug as he says, "I'd like to open a new project file, index as Mark II."

Tony uses the stylus to move a blueprint of a clunky iron suit onto a holopad, spinning around in his chair as JARVIS asks, "Shall I store this on the Stark Industries Central Database?"

Tony releases the blueprint from the stylus, allowing a hologram of the iron suit to appear over the holopad. The billionaire gets out of his seat as he replies, "Actually, I don't know who to trust right now." Tony puts the stylus in his pocket as Amelia sits down into the chair her father was just sitting in. The eight year old rolls the chair over next to the holopad table as Tony walks to the next side of the desk, standing opposite from his daughter while telling JARVIS, "Till further notice, why don't we just keep everything on my private server?"

Tony stares at the hologram as JARVIS asks, "Working on a secret project, are we, sir?"

Tony starts to take the clunky parts from the suit off and puts them in the hologram of a trash can as he responds, "I don't want this winding up in the wrong hands." He spins the suit around before he puts another part of the suit in the trash can. He puts the holographic arms of the suit down before rapidly spinning it around while adding, "Maybe in mine, it can actually do some good."

•••

Over the next couple of days, Tony works on building a titanium-alloy suit as Amelia stands by his side, watching him work. The father and daughter are standing next to each other as Tony works on the bottom part of the leg, instructing the robot arm, Dum-E, who is holding a magnifying glass for the billionaire, "Next. Up. Not in the boot, Dum-E. Right here." Tony points to where he wants the robot to hold the magnifying glass as he continues, "You got me? Stay put. Nice."

Tony leans back and rests his arms on the table, "You're of no benefit at all. Move down to the toe. I got this." The robot moves down to the toe of the boot as Tony sarcastically says, "Okay, I'm sorry, am I in your way?" Tony finishes the top of the boot before moving down to the toe as he instructs the robot again, "Up. Screw it. Don't even move. You are a tragedy." Tony blows onto the tool he is using before he cools it down and puts it away. He leans back and pushes a button, causing the boot to open up. Tony looks over to Amelia and asks, "What do you think, sprout?"

Amelia looks up to her father before she replies, "It looks really cool, daddy." Tony smiles and ruffles Amelia's hair, causing the little girl to let out a laugh.

When Tony finishes both boots, he puts them on and sets up for a flight test. Amelia is holding a camera as Dum-E holds a fire extinguisher. Tony walks to the back center of the area for the flight test, holding two joysticks in each hand as he speaks, "Okay, let's do this right. Start mark, half a meter, and back and center." Tony lets out a breath before he turns to Dum-E and tells it, "Dum-E, look alive. You're on standby for fire safety." Tony looks over to his daughter and says, "Okay sprout, roll it." Amelia steadies the camera as another robot hand holds the top of it, taking some of the weight off of the newly turned nine year old.